Chapter 7

Friday Morning

"James!" I yelled pulling him into the book club room. We were there early so I could tell him what I saw in private. I explained the whole conversation to him. After I was finished he said, "You do know what this means, Claire?" "Yeah it means that I have super powers!" I said. "Yeah it does!" James said, "I wish I could celebrate more but I have to get to class." The only thing I could think about the rest of the day. I was scared and excited, but I had one question. Why hadn't the powers come already? My first ancestor to have these powers had them all their life. My great great grandfather had them when he was eight. I'm 18! Does my family know about this? What powers would I have? I know that I don't want to tell the future. I want to live my life not knowing exactly what's going to happen. Telepathy sounds cool. But first I have to find out how to actually use them.

"I don't have practice today. Our coach is sick." James said as we were leaving the school. "So I could come to work with you. If you want." He continued. "Of course I want you to come to work with me. It could go twice as fast." I said. My dad wouldn't care. We did the work and left to go to my house.

"Okay so, how does this power thing work?" James asked when we were in my room. I thought for a second then said, "I have no idea." "How does it work?" I said to myself.

I can help.

I stepped back. Was I going crazy?

"What?" James asked.

Don't worry you're not going crazy. I thought the same thing when my great great grandmother had started talking to me.

"Wwwwwwhhhhhhaaaaatttttt!?" I yelled out load even though I was talking to something in my head.

"What!?" James said louder.

"James, I'm not talking to you." I said. I'll explain later.

Which power do you want to learn first, Claire?

I was still freaking out and I could tell that James was too.

I turned to James and said, "I might seem crazy but I promise this has never happened before, but he's talking to me. My great great grandfather. I am not crazy."

"Okay?" James said. I could tell he was still confused.

"I think we have an ancestral bind. This must be what alloys him to speak to me." I explained farther. "Oh, and I want to learn telekinesis. I'm talking to him."

Are you sure? You will only be able to learn one power at this age.

"Yes I'm sure," I said to him then explained to James," I can only have one power."

Okay. Focus on an object and imagine it doing what you want it to. Try pushing one of those books to the ground.

"I'm going to try push one of those books to the ground." I told James.

I did what he said. Nothing.

I don't have enough energy to do this for long I have to go.

Goodbye I said in my head.

"He's gone." I said to James.

"Keep trying." He said

I nodded to him. I tried again and again. And again. Until it finally worked. The book fell to the ground. "I did it!" I exclaimed. "You did." James said very surprised. I did it a couple times more. "I think I'm kind of used to this-"I was cut off by his phone ringing. Sorry he mouthed to me and left to take it. I decided to try moving the book. I tried a couple times and I finally moved the book from one shelf to the other. James came back to my room and said, "I have to go. Sisters." We said our goodbyes and he left. I practiced all night.

A/N I forgot to italisize his words so yeah. Oops.