Chapter 6

Pureblood - chapter 6

"Would you be kind enough to tell us why're you here?" Elijah asked politely but his face was stern, not looking friendly at all.

"Oh right," Veronica snapped her fingers in realisation as to why she was here in the first place. "I am here to help you protect Hope."

"Why would she need to be protected?" Hayley asked confused.

"Yeah. As far as I know our enemies have been defeated." Freya stated as she was playing with Hope on the floor at her playing area.

"Well yes but there has been a word, or more like a rumour, going around Lamia that the first pureblood hybrid's blood is the last ingredient in order to create an angel or demon, depending on a person's intentions. What you saw down there, with the zombies, that was just the beginning. More creatures will come and they will be scarier and stronger." Veronica explained, in between sipping her beloved tea. It's actually weird how the pureblood's prefer tea to minimise their lust for blood rather than alcohol like the originals but it's bearable.

"I have a question." Marcel asked, being silent just until now. This question has been nagging him ever since the zombies attack. "How were the zombies able to come back to one piece even though we ripped them apart?"

"That's because they're dead humans. On Earth, witches to punish the humans that were harming others, would send them to Lamia after their death as a punishment. It was more of a way to give us food but it kinda backfired when the humans turned to zombies." Veronica then pouted. "It was quite disappointing but they are actually good servants. Well most of them anyway." She finished bitterly, thinking back to the betrayers from before.

"So technically you can't kill them."

"Oh you can." The teenager shook her head, her blonde locks falling onto her face in the process. "All you had to do is pour salty water straight into their heart."

"How are you going to even help us. We were perfectly fine before you showed up. I'm pretty sure we'll be fine with you gone." Klaus pointed angrily at her before he stormed off to clear his head. He did that often because he didn't want to do something he would probably regret later; it's not like he would admit that anyway.

This made Veronica sigh, clearly disapproving in Klaus' actions.

"I apologise for Klaus however I see his point. You're just a mere petite girl. I appreciate your warning, although I think you'll be more in a way rather than helping us." Elijah explained his point of view, trying to sound rational and polite.

Veronica pouted slightly as she finished her tea. She put it back on the table, the crossing her legs in a lady manner. "I understand your uneasiness towards me but believe me you'll need my help."

"What makes you so sure?" Rebekah crossed her arms over her chest, clearly irritated.

"Because I know the weaknesses of other monsters that are bound to come."