Chapter 12

The next day Veronica decided to go earlier to Mikealson's residence rather than going there as she previously planned.

As she entered, she saw Rebekah and Elijah talking to two men in serious tone.

"And we're suppose to believe, you're here to help us and in return you'll tell us our enemy's weakness?" Elijah asked rhetorically as he took off his suit and rolled his dress shirt sleeves.

The pureblood raised her eye brow at the scene in front of her. Something seemed off about them.

As if sensing her presence, they turned to look at her. The two strangers eyes widen before they smirked.

"Was is this all about?" She asked still eyeing the two suspiciously.

"Nothing you should worry about." Elijah replied as politely as he could.

"You two should leave." Rebekah turned to the two glaring.

"Ah right you prefer the help of the royalty rather than a low life creatures." One of them spat giving Veronica a dirty look.

Elijah glared at them, "why would you assume we agreed to anything?"

"Her royal highness does not take no for an answer." The second one said, giving the pureblood a sideway glance.

"Ah well you see I actually want the little hybrid to be alive rather than wanting her dead for own purposes, Κύκλωπας." Elijah and Rebekah looked confused at the sudden change of language. It seems that Veronica has figured out what they are and they seemed least bit happy about that.

"Ah her royal highness have figured out who we really are." The first man scoffed, squeezing his fists in a ball.

"Expected nothing less of the future queen. After all she'll have to know who is worthy of being in the same presence as her." The second man said rather angrily looking straight at the blonde vampire.

Elijah and Rebekah only looked at each other confused. Why do they keep calling her, her highness? They both thought. And future queen?

"Well it did indeed took me a while to figure out. However you make us look like monsters. We wouldn't have to act the way we did if you didn't act like wild animals destroying everything that moved." Veronica glared back with just as much hatred as they did to her. Even though both men were taller than her, she didn't feel intimidated at all if so, the two creatures start feeling a bit small under her gaze and dark aura however they refused to back down.

"We need the council's blood! If thats they only way for you to think of us as equals then sure! We'll do anything to gain it. Even if it means killing the child." The second man growl before screaming.

Suddenly he grew twice the size he was now. His two eyes disappeared, creating one big eye on the forehead.

"Cyclops?" Rebekah whispered in utter surprise. She was completely stunned. She didn't know if what she saw was a dream or a nightmare. One thing she knew for sure was to fight a creature she didn't knew a single thing about.