Chapter 14

"Hold on," Rebekah said as if suddenly remembering something. "Why were they calling you, your highness?"

Veronica turned to her. Right now they were seated in the living room drinking whiskey whilst Veronica was drinking her beloved tea. The vampire cleared her throat awkwardly.

"W-well, I may or mat not be the princess of Lamia." She bit her lip in embarrassment. She couldn't quite grasp why was she shy all of sudden though. It's not like she was ashamed of this title.

"Princess?!" They all shouted in surprise.

"Just perfect." Klaus scoffed as he finished his drink in one gulp.

"My great, great, great, great grandpa was the first creation from God, as well as view other vampires. Over the time, the others decided to make him the leader which now lead to his bloodline to be royal." Veronica explained, even though no one asked her to. For some reason she felt like they deserved to know the truth. There was no absolute point in lying, because they would've come across the truth sooner or later and she also knows about the trust issues this family has.

"Vampires can't die." Rebekah stated. "Aren't you bloody over-populated by now?"

"Oh no, no we're not." Veronica answered shaking her hands and head. She continued when she saw their confused faces. "We are only allowed to have one child; unless we end up with twins. Also when the right time comes, we go to eternal sleep so there's balance on Lamia."

"How do you go to eternal sleep?" Elijah asked, suddenly really curious.

Veronica sighed. She just realised, in order to explain about eternal sleep, she needs to say what exactly kills a pureblood and she's not necessarily frilled about that idea.

"The only thing that can kill a pureblood is a dagger made out of white gold," or anything in particular like bullets which are more effective. Veronica thought to herself. "And when the time is right, doesn't matter if it's in one hundred or thousand years, they go to the altar that is specifically created for that and they take their life's away. It's an honourable death. Unless a pureblood breaks a law, then they get burn alive."

Elijah and Rebekah looked fascinated with learning new things. There was something with Veronica that made them want to listen and believe.

On the other hand, Klaus glared at the younger vampire. In his opinion, this stranger just wanted to brainwash their heads and then strike when least expect it.

As he was processing her words, he suddenly smirk at the stupidity of the girl.

"Fortunately, now I know what can kill you. In any case, you'll start acting strange, I shall dagger you myself." Klaus smirk at the newfound information.

"Well, you're good at that, aren't you?" Rebekah spat sarcastically.

Klaus was always the strongest out of  five of them because being a vampire with a werewolf gene made him even faster and stronger.

Of course he couldn't kill his siblings, not like he even wanted to. Only white oak stake could kill them which now thankfully is destroyed. However a dagger dipped in white oak ash could weaken them to they point they almost look dead. Once the dagger is pulled out, they come alive.

Klaus used to dagger his siblings all the time, claiming it was for their benefit. Although everyone knew, Klaus was a selfish bastard.

It wasn't that surprising for Rebekah to see Klaus would jump at any given opportunity to dagger someone.

Klaus in return only glared at his little sister. He sometimes hated her smart mouth only when it's dedicated to him.

Veronica frowned but shrugged nonetheless. "Well if you want to ensure I won't do something to displease you then go right ahead and carry one with you."

Someone then scoffed in displease behind them. "Might as well let him dagger you now, princess."

Four of them turn in surprise to look at the entrance of the living room. There stood a fine looking man, with brown hair swept to the side and brown eyes who seem to want to burn holes into everyone's heads.

"Travis?!" Veronica shriek.