Drive

AN: Ayyyy another musical. This time, start playing the song at "She popped it into the radio and turned the volume all the way up."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_M3uw29U1U

"Are you kidding me?!"

Mulder threw his hands up in frustration as the car veered off the road and came to a stop. He could've sworn that they had enough gaz to get from Virginia to Ohio, but evidently they didn't. He looked at Scully and sighed. "We're out of gaz."

"No shit, Sherlock."

She slammed the car door behind her and looked around. They were in the middle of nowhere. There was no light except that of the moon, which happened to be full that night, and it was cold. Bone-chillingly cold. Scully rubbed her hands up and down her arms as Mulder got out of the car. They looked at each other with the same tired expression.

"So, what now?"
"It's no use trying to find a gaz station," he pulled out his phone from the car and held it up, "No signal. So, I guess we should just stay put."

Scully raised her eyebrows at him, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. She groaned, wanting to protest but knowing that he was right. So, she reluctantly got back in the car and pulled something out of her purse. Mulder craned his neck to see that it was a CD. She popped it into the radio and turned the volume all the way up. He poked his head in through the window and questioned her:

"Always keep CD's in your purse?"
"Just in case something like this would happen, yes."
"Hmm. Why don't you come outside?"
"It's cold."
"I've got blankets."

He disappeared briefly and came back with a mountain of blankets in his hands. She chuckled and got out of the car. He sat down on the hood and gestured for her to join him. She sat down next to him and he draped his arm around her with the blanket. As he was about to say something, the lyrics to the song sounded loudly:

Ground Control to Major Tom

Mulder looked at Scully in astonishment. It took her a while to realize that he was staring at her, and when she did, her right eyebrow shot up and she scoffed, "What?"

"Nothing. I'm just surprised that a skeptic like you likes David Bowie."
"What the hell does that mean?"
"Never mind."

He pulled her closer to him, sending shivers down her spine, but this time they weren't from the cold. She squirmed a little and yawned.

"Are you tired?"
"A little."
"Here."

Mulder moved his hands around from her back and gently laid her down. He was well aware of the redness in her cheeks, and in his. After tucking the blanket around her, he snuggled in beside her and pointed up at the sky. "Do you know all the constellations?"

"Of course."
"Which one's your favorite?"
"Hydra."

She scanned the starry night sky until she found it's brightest star. "Look, there's Alphard."

Mulder squinted, not quite knowing what he was looking for. She pointed up at the sky to show him.

"I don't see it."
"Over there."

He finally spotted it.

"I see it now."
"Isn't it beautiful?"
"Yeah."
"And if you look underneath it, you can almost see the other stars that form the constellation."
"Ah."

But he wasn't looking at the stars anymore. Instead, he was staring into her eyes. They were shining, bright like stars in a beige sky.

"Your eyes."

He hadn't meant to say it out loud, but it wasn't the kind of thing you can take back.

"Huh?"
"They're like stars. Beautiful and bright."

She looked at him, blushing deeply. He turned away, regretting the cheesy compliment he had just given her. He was about to apologize when she let out a gasp. "Mulder look!!"

Her eyes were all lit up again, and she was pointing towards the sky. Mulder looked up, and saw white lines being drawn all across the galaxy. It was like a million stars had just lost control and started plummeting towards the earth.

"It's a meteor shower."
"Make a wish."

She closed her eyes and giggled, then turned to look at him again.

"What did you wish for?"

This send another splash of red across her cheeks, but this time instead of looking away, Scully inched closer to Mulder.

"That this moment could last forever."

Suddenly, there was no more space between them, and they converged; their lips touching passionately and their limbs tangling together. They had this date together from the very beginning.

And I'm floating
in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today...

AN: If you got the Streetcar reference, here have a cookie. *gives cookie*