Triple Lie

Well.. The good news is that momma wasn't home when we got back. That woman works so much.. I wish I could help her. The bad part is that Chrestano found blood on his pillow the next day and that none of this was a dream. I wish it were so that I could wake up and.. Nevermind..

Chres: Shit! What the fuck am I supposed to do about this? Tell mom that what I got my hair cut, I got cut? Dude! In no way is mom gonna like having blood stains on her good sheets!

Rae: Listen Chres. Calm and we'll think of something.

Chres: Like what, Rae? Like what?

Rae: I don't know, man! Alright?

I screamed in frustration. I put my hands on my head as I sat on my bed.

Rae: I don't know..

I sighed. Then my head popped up.

Rae: Why not?

I smiled.

Chres: Why not, what?

Rae: Why not just say that you were cutting your hair and cut yourself by accident? And when you thought the blood was all cleaned up, you went to bed.

He crossed his arms and I shrugged as I began walking out the room.

Rae: Or you can just tell her the truth and get your ass beat..

Chres: It's a good one.. but why would I want to cut my hair all of a sudden? I have never wanted to cut my hair and all of a sudden, Bam! New haircut!

Rae: That's up to you.. Maybe you can say that you started thinking about cutting it and wanted to see if you liked it..

Chres: Nice.. but.. what about the suits?

I grinned.

Rae: Leave that one up to me.

I'm doomed. What the hell am I supposed to tell her? Hey mom, Chres & I got forced into a gang that would constantly beat us up everyday, but we lied and this whole time. But don't worry, we got nice suits from the gang. Oh! And we got matching tattoos.. What type of shit is that? Fuck outta here! I'm dead! We're dead! We both are in a gang, we both have tattoos, and we both have suits! So let's face the facts, pick out a grave site and lay in it. Ain't no sense in waiting on the murder of the century..

Rae: I'm fucked..

Chres: We both are..

He sighed as he sat down on my bed.

My first thought was, Where in the fuck did this nigga come from? Didn't you just leave? But that's besides the point.. I gotta figure out the perfect lie that mom will buy..

Mom: Rashone, Chrestano! I'm home!

Fuck! I heard her sigh and I came to hug her.

Rae: Hey momma. You feeling okay?

Mom: Yeah, baby. I'm fine. How's school going for you?

Rae: School is fine.

She nodded and then her eyes became fixed on my clothes.

Mom: Where did this come from?

She demanded, sharply.

Rae: A man down the street was getting rid of some stuff and gave us these.

Mom: Us? Chrestano has one too?

My heart was pounding.

Rae: Yes ma'am..