Chapter 13

When I went home, I stayed up late thinking about Chrestano. What would I do without him? Yeah, he gets on my nerves and does shit that pisses me off, but let's face it. I grew up with this nigga. That's my brother and my best friend. I can't live without him.. If he did die, mom would never look at me the same and on top of that, I'd never be the same. I was so deep into my thoughts, I fell asleep at my desk without knowing it. It wasn't until Chres shook me awake that I knew it was time to get up.

Chres: Yo, man. Time to get up.

Rae: Alright.

I rubbed my face and sat there for a minute before getting up. I washed my face and brushed my teeth but I was basically on autopilot this morning. What Ronald told me was valuable information and it stayed with me.. Along with the feeling that I had when I pushed Chrestano out of the way of a bullet. I don't even think that Ronald would've even shot the bullet if I hadn't of ran to save him. After all, one of the main rules is that we need each other to stay alive. I threw on a white shirt, my grey sweats and didn't even braid my hair this morning. That's how deep into my thoughts I was.

Chres: Yo man. You good?

I looked over at my brother and slightly smiled.

Rae: Yeah. I'm good.

We walked through the doors of the school and instantly, the girls went crazy. I could tell by the looks on their faces. Some were whispering to one another, others were biting their lips at us or waving at us. Damn.. Is a haircut and unbraided hair all it took? I should've done this more often..

Rae: Catch you at lunch, okay?

I said as we did our handshake.

Chres: Alright man.

We went to class and as soon as I stepped into class, Ashley sat in front of me. Can't nobody see past all that damn hair, but when she turns around, you don't mind cause she fine as hell.

Rae: Excuse me.. Ashley?

She turned around.

Rae: I can't see the board.

Ashley: I'm sorry, Rashone. Here's my number. I'll tell you what Mrs. Perkins wrote on the board.

She handed me a slip of paper and then turned back around. Not even two seconds later, I heard her pencil break. She grabbed all of her things and bent down to kiss my cheek then went to sit down in her regular seat. This chick is so slick..

~Chrestano~

Walking down the halls of the school, I was stopped by a group of girls who were smiling harder than concrete.

Girls: Good morning Chrestano.

They smiled.

Chres: Good morning, ladies.

I waved with a nod and a straight face, then tried to keep it moving, but they kept trying to talk to me.

Girl: Come over here for a minute.

Chres: Look, I don't know man. I got class and the bell's about to ring..

Girl: Please Chres?

Another one begged. I sighed and shrugged as I went towards them.

Girl: I like what you did to your hair.

Chres: Thanks um..

Jyda: Jyda. And these are my friends Lisa and Dana.