Chapter 3

Your POV 

It's been a few weeks since i was told to be Stein's partner. I sighed looked at my papers and running a hand through my long deep brown hair. Rubbing my eyes I heard a voice.  "Are you alright Miss. (y/n)?" I heard. I looked up and saw Maka. "Yeah, just a bit of a headache." I said and she looked down. "Do you need anything?" she asked and I looked at her.

"No, now go finish your work before it becomes homework." I said and she nodded and ran back to her seat. Leaning back in my chair I heard a knock on the door. Standing slowly I walked over to the door.  Opening it as the glare took over on my glasses. I looked and saw Stein. "Yes?" I asked and he looked at me bored as usual. "We are wanted in the Death Room." he said and I nodded. I walked back into my class and he followed.

"Students, I have a very important meeting with Lord Death. None of you will move and I want to hear nothing of you. Am I clear?" I asked and they nodded. Stein smirked and I looked at him. "I like a dominant woman." he said and I looked at him. I closed the door to my class and he chuckled. "I'm only kidding." he said and I rolled my eyes. "Oh come on lighten up." he said and I looked at him. "Stein i do not "lighten up." i said and he nodded.

We reached the Death Room and I looked at the mirror. "Can you pull up my classroom?" I asked and Lord Death nodded. My room came up and I looked around. Everyone was in their seat. Except for...BlackStar. I looked around the room and found his blue hair under my desk.

I clenched my fists. "Ill be right back." I said and ran off. I went to my room and grabbed his hair. I stuck him on the board and ran back out. I came in to the Death Room and they were looking at the mirror. "For a woman you certainly are strong." Spirit said cooing. "Yeah I'm also a weapon." I said and turning my arm into a scythe. He jumped behind Death and I put my arm to normal.

"Well anyway...We found the Kishin..." he said and I looked at him. "Do you mean Asura?" I asked and he shook his head. "No he was defeated before you got here." he said and I nodded. "We found another though." I said and Stein pushed up his glasses. "Do you want to send us to get it?" he asked and Death nodded. "If that isn't a problem." he said and I shrugged. "Who will watch our classes?" he asked.

"Sid can watch (y/n)'s, and Stein, Spirit can watch yours." he said and we nodded. "When do we leave?" I asked looking at my class. I saw Soul trying to get BlackStar off the board. "Is there a mic on this?" I asked and he shook his head. "It's a mirror (y/n)." he said and I looked at him. I sighed and sat on the floor. Stein looked at me and back to Death. "You can leave tomorrow." he said and I nodded. "Is that all?" Stein asked and he nodded. I stood and ran out of the room to my room.

Stein's POV

We watched as the lights in her room turned off. We saw the eyes of her class go the door. It creaked open and showed her shadow. She was standing legs apart and head tilted. She had her head tilted. She had a smile on her face and and outline of her glasses. I watched intently as she walked in. She marched over to the two boys and picked them up. "You're lucky i don't let Dr. Stein dissect you both." she hissed and they squirmed. "No please let us go anything but that." they said. I saw her smile widen. She walked over to her desk and put one down and stepped on the others pant leg. She buckled BlackStar to the table and did the same with Soul.

The bell rang and the class left. The lights came back on and both boys were hugging each other. I smiled and continued watching. "You do realize that the mirror in the Death Room can be used to see everywhere in death city?" she asked looking down.

The boys shivered while she reached into her pocket. She grabbed a box and opened it. She took out a cigarette and I looked at her. "She's kind of like you Stein." Spirit said. I looked at him behind the glare of my glasses. "Indeed." I said. "You know you're like Stein right?" soul asked. Her head snapped up and she looked at him. "That is Professor Stein to you...and yes I realize that." she said. I began to feel tingly all over.

"Why don't you date then?" BlackStar asked now serious. "You've heard about how he doesn't know how to love anyone or anything other than his dissections." she said looking down and blowing out the smoke. "Now out of my sight." she said turning her arm to a scythe and cutting their legs free. They jumped off and ran out of the room. She chuckled and looked at the mirror. "Enjoy the show Stein?" she asked. She walked over to her desk and the mirror faded.

Spirit looked at me and so did Death. "She knew we were watching.." I mumbled. Spirit sighed and looked at me. "Stein are you alright you look pretty pale." he said and I brushed him off. "I'm fine." I said and walked out of the Death Room. I walked down the hall and to her room. I went to knock on the door. "Come in." I heard. I slowly opened the door.

I saw her on her desk one leg over the other. She was leaning back with her shoes off and cigarette in her mouth. I walked over looking down. "Stein..." she said and I looked at her. "You look pale...are you alright?" she asked softly getting off the table and walking over. She put a hand on my forehead. "No fever." she said and I looked at her. "Why so much compassion?" I asked and she sighed walking to her desk and leaning on it. "You are my Meister are you not?" she asked. I nodded and she smiled. "Now come here." she said. I walked over and she had me sit on her desk. She sighed and stood on her chair. I looked at her and she had a thermometer.

She stuck it in my mouth and I looked at the floor. It beeped and she took it out. "This isn't necessary." I said and got down. I helped her off the chair and she looked at the thermometer. "No fever." she said and looked at me. "Interesting." she mumbled. I looked at her. "She really is like me." I thought and looked at her. "Well I'll see you tomorrow night." I said and she nodded.

Your POV

Stein left or more like ran. I looked at my desk and found my shoes. I slipped them on and looked at the way the mirror was showing on the camera. I smirked and the glare covered my glasses again. I stood up and put my coat on. I walked over to the door and turned off the light walking out.

I walked to the door and Spirit caught me. "Have you seen Stein?" he asked out of breath. I nodded and gave him a look. "Did he say anything to you?" he asked. I turned to him and looked at him. "He said he didn't want to go on the mission and requested i do instead of you." he said and I looked down. "I see." I said and got out of his grip. I walked home and inside. "What is wrong with me...why am I so down about this...So what I don't go on a mission with a fellow colleague...I can't like him can I?"