Chapter 6

Your POV

I walked into class straining about who wrote the poems. I put my head on my desk after class was over and sighed. I started to tap my forehead on the desk out of frustration. I heard the door squeak and I looked over. "What are you doing?" Stein was standing in the doorway. "Thinking." I said and looked back at the desk. "You should put a screw in your head for that." he said closing the door and walking over.

"No thanks that looks uncomfortable." I said and he chuckled. "You would get used to it." he said and I shrugged. "It isn't for me." I said and stood. I walked over to my computer typing up tomorrows work.

"(Y/n)...about earlier." he said and I glanced at him still typing. "What about it?" I asked and he walked over. He put a hand on my shouder and turned me. "You are not a monster no matter how many times you tell yourself that." he said and I sighed. "Just give me a reason that I'm not." I said and crossed my arms. He stood and I looked at him. "You were chosen to work here at the DWMA." he said and I looked at him.

"You were as well were you not?" I asked and he sighed turning his screw. "Yes." he said and I nodded standing. "But that was only because of your skill...and Lord Death even knew about your madness." I said and he nodded. I walked over to my desk and bent over putting on my shoes again.

"He let me work here because of it....and if he saw you as that then you wouldn't have been allowed to work here." I stood and turned around. "You don't get it do you?" I asked and he looked at me conused. "I don't talk to anyone because...well I don't like people and you should be able to understand that...I also was on the verge of becoming a Kishin...That was because i didn't have a meister and thought I could do anything." I said and he looked down.

"But you're not are you." he said and I looked down. I sighed. "I may not be but I might have if it wasn't for Lord Death." I said and he nodded. "What exactly did he do?" He asked and grabbed my chair sitting down. He looked at me from behind the glare of his glasses "Why don't you read my soul?" I asked and he sighed. "I can't." he said and I looked at him.

"Why not?" I asked and he sat up a bit. "The wavelength is too great..." he said and I nodded. I smirked and the glare his my eyes as well. "Well looks like you're going to be left hanging because I'm not telling you anything." I said and leaned against my desk.

He let out a puff of smoke. "That's too bad." he said and I looked at him. "As your meister i need to know...because it will only strengthen our sync in battle." he said and walked over to the door. "I'll see you later." he said and walked out. "Damn you Stein."