Chapter 12

Your POV

I ran into the lab and down to his computer room looking for clues. I found his glasses on the floor cracked and slightly bent. I picked them up and pulled them to my chest. Sighing and I looked at the computer. It was blinking. I walked over and pushed the space bar. It came on and showed a video. I pushed play and it showed stein working on grading papers. I saw a shadow come in and arms sneak around Stein's neck.

He smiled and turned but the smile faded as soon as it came. They seemed to argue and he tried to leave. But she hit him with something leaving him unconscious. The video changed and it showed stein in a room tied to a wall with no shirt and scratched on his chest and stomach. It sighed which turned into a growl and I punched the screen. It changed to a message. "If you're reading this then I have stein a nod you will not take him from me again." It read.

I shut the computer down and ran out of the lab to the only place I knew. Baba Yaga castle. I ran in and found Arachne in the main room. She was on her web like always. "Hello (y/n) what do you need?" She asked. "Arachne stein is missing and I t medusa took him." I said. She nodded and smiled behind her fan. "I'll help you find my sister but I want her soul." She said. I nodded and we began to think about how she lived and where she was.

I had an idea but, I needed the help of the DWMA. Not having a weapon I went I search of aid from Spirit. "Are you crazy go against medusa?" He asked, I sighed and slapped him. "He's your partner as much as he is mine now you will help me get him back." I said. He nodded rubbing his cheek. I had him match wavelengths with me and we were off.

I ran around the area I thought she would be running soul search. I found his soul and smiled. "I'm coming stein." I said. I ran to that area busting down the door and walking in, I heard cackling and looked. I saw stein and medusa on a floating block. Medusa looked like a kid and stein looked deep into the madness. "Here to take back your stein huh?" She asked, I glared at her and sighed. "Don't let her get to you." Spirit said. I gripped his staff and sighed.

"Yes now give me what's mine." I said. She cackled again and I sighed. She sent stein at me first and I spent the most part dodging his attacks. I came up with an Idea and threw spirit. Stein came at me and tried to use soul force. I changed my wavelength to his. He looked at me when he felt my soul. "(Y/n) you gotta help me." He said. His eye twitched and I smiled putting a hand on his heart, "that's why I'm here." I said, I shot a healing wavelength through him.

I woke up in a dark area and stein was crouching covering his ears. I out a hand on his shoulder and he turned. "Help me." He said, he stood and I enveloped him in a hug. I felt his sanity return and he sighed. "Thats why I love you." He said, I smiled and kissed him. "Now let's get medusas soul." I said, he nodded and we left. He grabbed spirit and I looked a t medusa. "Medusa gorgon your soul is mine." I said, I ran at her using soul force on her. She flew off and stein used soul sutures.

I smiled walking over he tossed spirit over. "Let's go soul resonance." I said. I charged it and stood back floating. "Ahhh genie hunter." I said and swung. She left the body of Rachel and i smiled. Stein picked her up and I grabbed her soul tying it to my waist and letting stein transform. "What do you need that for?" Stein asked, "I made a deal with Arachne if I got her soul I had to give it to her." I said. Spirit and stein looked at me. "You can't give a witch another witches soul." They said. I sighed and looked at him. "Then what do I do with it?" I asked. "Give it to lord death." Spirit said. I shrugged and we went home after returning Rachel.