Chapter 1 ~ New Guardian

Ch 1 ~ New Guardian

*** Jack's POV ***

I was standing in the corner of the globe room leaning against a Column, my staff slung over my shoulder with my hood up. I was listening to North and Bunny fight over which Holiday was the best, and Tooth telling her fairies which countries to go to and collect teeth. Sandy was sound asleep in the middle of the room as if nothing was happening. I was wondering why I was here if everyone was just gonna fight. I got fed up with waiting and was away to fly out the giant window in the ceiling. Before I could, a screeching noise made me fall back down to the ground covering my ears and bending over. The noise stopped and I looked up only to see Sandy standing there with a horn and ear plugs which he quickly removed.

"Ah, Sandy mate... never... do... that... again!" said the Easter Kangaroo between breaths as he held his ears.

I chuckled to myself as he glared at me, boring holes through my skull.

"Sandy what is it?" asked North, an annoyed and confused expression on his face. He pointed to the window in the roof. "Ah Man in Moon. Sandy, next time, just make signs." Smoke sand started pouring out of Sandy's ears as he had probably already tried that. I leaned back up against the column and swung my staff over my right shoulder, my hood still up, and stared at the moon. North walked into the middle of the room looking up, "It has been a while old friend, what is news?" North asked placing his giant hands on his hips.

The moonlight shone onto the ground revealing the shadowy outline of a man dressed in dark clothing.

"What?" Tooth asked. "I thought we defeated Pitch three centuries ago?"

"I guess not," I said swinging my staff in my hand, my hood still up. "Besides, if it is Pitch he looks......different, somehow."

"Alright Many what do we do?" North stared at the moon waiting for a response. Nothing happened for a while, but then the light shifted to the middle of the room where a letter 'G' was engraved onto the floor. After a moment the floor started to open revealing a rising blue crystal.

"Oh not again!" exclaimed Bunny, hanging his head back and swaying his arms.

"Ugh... Guys, still pretty new here," I said standing up and walking towards the others. "What does this mean?" I asked with a puzzled and worried expression.

"He is choosing new guardian. Pitch must be even stronger than last time if we need another one!" He examined the crystal carefully wondering who it was.

I could hear Bunny mumbling 'Please not the groundhog, please not the groundhog,' over and over again making me smirk. I looked back at the crystal as the person came into focus. As soon as the image appeared everyone looked confused. I pulled down my hood. It was a girl around my age, with white hair reaching just below her waist. At the tips of her hair where streaks of light blue almost turquoise colouring. She wore a black crop top with the straps wrapped around her neck and long sleeves which came down to her hands where there were two holes for her thumbs to go through.

(AN: examples in pictures above but hair is longer and straighter)

She also wore black shorts and no shoes and her nails were all painted black. Her eyes were pure white fading to pale blue towards the center. I noticed that across her right eye were three scars. Around her neck was a necklace with of black dragon made out of ice wrapped around with a clear see through gem in the centre. She was beautiful, but the look on her face suggested she was someone you wanted to mess with!

I noticed I was staring at her for a while and snapped myself back into reality. At that moment Bunny hopped over to beside me.

"You know you were drooling there mate," he said fiddling with his boomerangs.