Chapter 12 - Silent Treatment

Hanna

Isaac has and talk to me ever since he found Grayson to me in the stairwell. The car right home is silent and awkward. I hate the silent has my mind starts to think scary thoughts and bring back all those repressed memories. I just wanted this date to be normal and it's everything but. I can't take the silent treatment anymore. I turn toward him. He glances at me at the corner of his eye.

"Can you please just talk to me?" He doesn't respond. He just shakes his head no and continue driving.

"Wow. You're such a child. Can you just handle this like an adult? I was kissing my ex-boyfriend, so what? He didn't have any choice but to break up with me. It's not his fault."

"Can you just wait until we get home for this?"

"I can't believe you right now!Whatever fine!"

"Fine!"

We pull into the driveway, slowly and awkwardly. He and buckles he seatbelt and hops out of the car.

I don't move.
I don't want to move.
I can't move.
No matter how hard I try my body won't let me get out of the car or even move. He notices my still state and motioned for me to come inside.

"No, it's fine. I'll be in in a little bit. Don't worry."

"Okay, suit yourself." He sighed and went inside.

As soon as the front door shut, tears welled up and put on my face. I just sat here. And cried it felt so good to just let go of everything I bottled up over the past few days. I just want to cried and cried. I looked in the little side mirror and all my make up and foundation was smeared off. Mascara stained my red, black, and blue face. I've never cried so hard in my life and it makes me happy and sad all at once.

I put my head in my hands, ignoring my surroundings. Little did I notice, Isaac must've decided to head outside to the car, probably worrying about me. He opened the door, only to find me in such a fragile state. He puts his hand under my chin, scaring me at first but comforting me as well. He forced me to look up at him and when I glanced up I realized he was crying too. He engulfed me in his arms and held me so tight I lost my breath. His arms loosen when he realized I was having trouble breathing. We both just cried together. I felt so many emotions around him and I can't even make out what I feel right now. All I can feel is the sudden urge to kiss him right now.