Chapter 2 - English Is My Thing

November 8th

Its friday morning. I walk in a classroom with a smile on my face. He's sitting at his desk. His door is open as always.

"Good morning Mr. Jones!" I said enthusiastically.

"Oh good morning Kate." he said with now a smile on his face.

"Um can we talk?" I say looking around the room, then focussing but on him.

"We are talking though." he paused. "Oh haha, ya."

He gets up from his desk and walks over to the door removing the wooden wedge holding it open, then turning around to look at me.

"So what did you want to "talk" about?" he put air quotes over the word talk.

I look at down at my feet. I was wearing my 6 inch heals. They were soiled black with some sparkles on them. Wearing them I come up to his eyebrows. I look up at him.

"I think you know." he looks at me.

"I do know, but I could get fired. That's why I haven't done anything about this feeling. I know you feel it too. Otherwise you wouldn't be standing here." he takes a step closer toward me.

"I know you could get fired, that's why I haven't done anything about it either. I could never do that to you! But I can't hold it in anymore! I need you!" I step closer toward him.

We're looking into each others eyes.

"And I need you, but if I choose you over my job, I won't get to see you that much anymore, and I like seeing you." I moved closer. We were now standing so close that I could feel his hot breath on my face.

"I like you being my teacher, but I'm 18 now and it will be ok. Your wife cheats on you anyway! Why do you stay with her? I mean it's not like you have kids."

"I know but...." I cut him off.

I crashed my lips onto his. He didn't pull away. We depend the kiss by leaning into each other. I put my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around me pulling my closer to him. I didn't think we could get any closer but we did. We pulled apart. Mason started kissing down my neck. *Yes! Finally! Oh I've been waiting for this moment forever!* I thought to myself as we started kissing again. He put his hands on my back, sliding down to the bottom of my shirt. We stopped kissing long enough to get my shirt off. I unbuttoned his dress shirt and took off his tie. I put my hands on his abdomen. He was so buff. I unbuckled his belt and slid that off. As I unbuttoned his pants, he stopped me.

"What's wrong?" I asked wondering if he was rejecting me.

"Not here." He said looking at me sadly.

"Ok, when and were?" I understand why but I was still hurt.

"Well my wife is visiting her parents..." I cut him off again. I had a habit of doing that.

"My mom is out of town for 2 weeks." I stopped wanting to see his reaction.

"My place?" I asked.

I didn't want to have sex with him in her bed. I wanted to be in my bed with him.

"Ok what time?" he asked picking up our shirts.

"Well I have to run to Walmart with Amy. So I'll text you when we're done and you can come over."

"Ok that works."

We put outer shirts on and walk to the door. He kissed me again and then opened the door and put the wedge back in. We look at each other and smile.

"Ok see you later. And remember what we talked about ok?" He winked at me.

"Ok I will! Thank you Mr. Jones!" I say back to Hume as my friends walked up to me.

"What did you talk to him for so long about?" Hannah asked with a smile on her face.

"My senior project." it was the best I could think of.

"Oh what are you doing?" Amy asked.

"It's a secret." I said. "Duh."

We laughed stoping at our lockers.

"Does it have anything to do with that hunky man we call our English teacher?" Hannah teased.

"Oh no, you caught me!" I said sarcastically.

"Kate, everyone in SCHOOL knows you have a thing for him!" Amy said closing her locker.

"NO I DON'T!!!" I said laughing. "I just.......really like English!"

I shut my locker and we walked to class.