Chapter 2: My "Baby Monster"

Evening came, I was in my room wearing my pajamas. My room was small, but not too small: I have a single bed, a desk for studying and for computer research, and my closet.

Right now, I was lying on my bed, thinking of him. Yes, it's Aiden. I was holding the paper that has his contact number on it. Why did he want to be in touch?

I guess it was because of our dance. That's all. I wanted to send a message, so I texted him with my whole courage and waited for his reply. Would he even reply?

"This is Hye Nari Wade. Good luck on our P.E exam tomorrow."

I didn't know why I texted him right away, but what I have just said, it was just part of our 'project' and I would just go with the flow. Why was I so kind to him? Just kidding. 

Anyway, I hope he would text back.

I still waited for his text.

Or was I expecting again?

Suddenly, my phone beeped.

"The name's Aiden..."

SHOOOCKSSS! He replied! Oh hoho~

"...I know that you memorized all the steps, I forgot some of them. Can you please teach me tomorrow morning, earlier than our schedule? I know it's okay for you to go to school that early, because it's for OUR dance. See you tomorrow morning."

I was like, 'REALLY?' Even in a text, he was scary. I imagined him with his poker face while texting this message. 

Our grades depend on the cleanliness of our performance, so I didn't have a choice. But, I don't want to go to school that early! 

NOOOOOOOO!

-

It was morning.

I sat upright, did some stretching then got up from my bed, and took a bath right away.

After that, I wore my school uniform. I heard my phone vibrated, I reached for it and saw a message saying, "you're dead little girl!" I was seeing 15 missed calls and 20 text messages unread on my phone. My heart suddenly thumped with fright. 

I'm dead, REALLY dead!

Yes, it was Aiden who contacted me.

I FORGOT ABOUT OUR PRACTICE! In addition, my phone was on silent mode, so I didn't hear any of the messages.

I was so kind, I moved so quickly for him. My footsteps seemed annoyed mom, so she yelled at me.

"Hey, Nari! Stop running up there and eat your breakfast first. It's too early to go to school yet."

I went downstairs at instant, ran to the dining room and sat down immediately.

I gave grace for the food and ate my pancakes as fast as I could. I bet my mom was already mad at me because I don't have any table manners. I stood up from my chair and kissed my mom.

"Sorry mom! I really need to go. We have a practice this morning." I said while my mouth was still stuffed with pancakes.

"Practice for what?"

"Thanks for the breakfast mom! Bye!" I ran and didn't answer my mom's question. It was kind of rude, I'm sorry mom. I just needed to go to school real quick before Aiden would break my legs.

-

I was already in school.