Chapter 4: The Filthy Nerd

"Where did you go? Who was with you? Do you know what time is it?"

"M-Mom, cool off! And I already texted you about this. I went to the coffee shop beside our school. I was with my friends, remember?"

"Celestia?"

"Um, n-no. New friends."

"Did you walk home alone?"

"Nope. I am with my friend. He walked me home."

"'He'? A boy? You know it's dangerous, right?"

"Yes, mom. I know it was kind of uncomfortable, but he insisted to walk me home."

"I'm just worried about you."

"Sorry that I caused you trouble, mom."

"Please, if it's not really important, don't go."

"Yes, mom."

She suddenly hugged me tightly as she could, thus making my face so pale. "M-Mom..... l-let go!"

"All right, go to sleep now Nari."

Unclasping her embrace, I nodded in return and gave her a forceful smile.

I just felt my soul had fleetingly left my body. (Sigh)

I headed to my room and lied down on my bed. 

My mom really loves me, she's not used to me being late. She's worried about me and I understand it as a daughter. Well, parents will be parents.

I reached for my phone, awaiting the boys to text me, but I was just expecting. I know we were not that close yet, we've just met. It was natural. 

Of course it's normal, you dopey!

I pinched my cheeks so hard, trying to compose myself. I just needed to stop myself from expecting things and just be contented on what I have. I slowly closed my eyes and fell into a deep slumber.

-

In school.

I was talking to Celestia when someone suddenly sat beside me.

"Hey, Nari!"

"J-Jedrick? Why are you here?"

Oh shocks! Why are you stammering, Nari!?

"Nothing. I was bored because my friends were not here yet. I don't have anyone to tease on, so I decided to check on you if you were already here, and then here I am."

"So you're here to mock me instead?"

"Of course not! But if I change my mind, I can put some pranks on you."

"Heh. Very funny."

"By the way, did you have fun last night?"

"Ah, yes. Of course! Thanks for your time!"

"Thank you, too!"

We exchanged smiles. As soon as my classmates arrived in the room, they ran toward Jedrick, asking for pictures with him.

"Okay! One, two, smileee!" 

He awfully enjoyed this kind of situation. What a sight. His bubbling face caused me to titter all of a sudden.