Chapter 7: Beast's Mansion

Later after that incident.

"Psh. Why is he taking so long?" 

"Ugh!" George heaved. "Could you stop walking around Nathan?"

"Where is he going anyway?" I asked.

George responded coldly: "He said he was going to take us somewhere. Using his car. In other words, he went home just to get a car. Maaan!" 

Why is he always answering like that? At least, show a slightest bit of concern, George! Does he talk like that ever since? Or maybe he likes to make scornful faces all the time? Or just me? Does he not like me? Maybe I look awful, consequently making him sickened every time. I don't have his respect, neither acceptance or what or something relevant to that or...

"You've been staring at me for a while. Is there a problem?"

"!" I quickly lifted my hands and waved foolishly. "N-No! I'm so sorry! Please don't kill me."

"I won't kill you, it's not the perfect time."

I suddenly felt an intense feeling of fear and nervousness at the same time. That was one awful act I did back there. Did he actually mean that!?

"If you have something to say, just say it."

"I-I was just wondering if you casually talk and act conspicuously uninvolved or uninterested in everything."

He shockingly glared at me, which momentarily took my soul away from my body. I-I should have been quiet and shouldn't babble those things out.

"What are you talking about?"

"Come on, she was baffled. You were always acting like that and you always have a contemptuous look on your face." Jedrick deliberately intervened in our conversation.

George looked at me fiercely. "Is that it?"

"I-I'm just asking!"

"Umm, well, I was born with it." He surprisingly responded with a cordial tone. That was new.

"Hey. You're always scaring the heck out of people."

With a disdainful look: "Pffft. Like I care." George turned his back.

"Hey!"

"Knock it off, Jedrick."

"Oh no, you don't!" 

"Shut it, Nathan. Not you too." 

They were enjoyingly bickering at each other while I watched them from afar. Jae sauntered toward me and mumbled.

 "Just get used to it." 

"I-I understand. Thanks."

Thank goodness George didn't kill me right now. I wouldn't dare open my mouth again.

*HONK*

"He's finally here." George said with relief. 

"That honk saved your ass!" Nathan exclaimed.

"Whatever. Let's just go."

"Will they be okay, Jae?"

"Not that I'm seeing something new. Yeah, they will be fine."

-

Aiden's own car.

I remembered when George and Aiden introduced themselves to me, couldn't believe they were so wealthy.  But I was wondering where could Aiden be taking us right now.