8

Though many people were against it, many agreed as well.
Every Time I looked at Gally, he gave me a nasty look. Like it was a bad idea to make Thomas a runner. Was there any reason not to though? He was made for running. He killed a griever, ran into the maze seconds before the gates closed, and technically save Albys life.

Speak of the devil, before bed I decided to check up on him.

"He hasn't woken up yet has he?" I asked, walking to Alby, who was laying down in on the bed.
"He got bitten in the maze" said Winston "There are chances he's brain dead. You can examine him"

I felt a tear form, but quickly wiped it away. I was kind of everything in the maze. A bit of a builder, a little of a cook (very little), a runner (mostly), and a medic. The reason why I sometimes assist the medics is because, well I know anatomy by reading those medical books that were sent.

I walked over to Alby, whose eye didn't even twitch.
I started to lift up his shirt to see the bite, when all of a sudden his eyes sprung open, and his spine pushed up towards me.

"They're coming! Tomorrow! They'll come!... They'll come....." He yelled, with his voice getting quieter with each statement.

Winston and the others pushed Alby back, while I backed away.

I felt like an idiot. I did absolutely nothing to help them.

I quietly left the shed.

W.I.C.K.E.D

I was laying in my hammock, trying to fall asleep. I cant sleep while I'm stressed. Albys on the verge of dying, my notebook is still missing, and Thomas hd just became a runner.

I heard Thomas talking to Minho.

"We should check out the grievers corpse tomorrow" suggested Tom.

Does he have a death wish or something?

"Do you have a death wish? Barely made it out today" said Minho, as if he read my mind.

"Don't tell me your not even a little bit curious?" He asked

"Fine. we'll go, but first, I'll show you something"

"Alright"

"And Mels coming with us"

None of them said a word.

A griever shrieked, and Minho told Thomas to tuck in.

Minho fell asleep instantly, as I heard him snore.

I was about to fall asleep, when I felt someone kiss my forehead.

I opened my eyes just a bit, and saw Thomas hovering over me.

"You tired?" I asked, putting my hand on top of his so he wouldn't leave.

"Yeah..." He said, wiping his face with the other hand.

"Lay down next to me" I said.

He did so.

I snuggled beside him, and we both dozed off into the night.

W.I.C.K.E.D

"Rise and shine, newly weds" We heard Minho say.