12

Flashback: Mel (POV)

"Its... A girl?" Said a boy in a confused tone.
He poked me.
"She looks dead" he said.

"Check if she's breathing" ordered another.

I opened my eyes.

"Im breathing alright, and I'm certainly not dead" I said.

I looked over at a skinny boy with dirty blonde hair.

I was sitting down in a place that looked like a lift, with crates surrounding me, while he was standing in front.

There was a small ladder in the corner to get up from. He climbed up, and told one of his friends with black hair to come down.

"What are you guys? Statues? Someone explain what's going on" I ordered, trying to keep a calm look, though I was feeling the complete opposite.

The guy with the black hair jumped down.

Though there were only four boys, I still felt like there would be more. Did they come up here the same way I did?

"My name's Minho. Do you remember yours?" He asked me.

"Its M-Melissa" I spitted out "But please call me Mel"

My fragile side was showing.

He put my hand on my shoulder in an effort to calm me down, but I flinched.

"Where am I?" I asked, finally.

"We call this place 'The Glade'. Over there is Alby, he's our leader. The first one here. At least thats what he told us. That guy you first saw, was Newt. As for the guy over there, thats Gally" he introduced me.

He started climbing out, and took my hand for help.
He gave me a small tour, when I asked what was beyond those walls.

"It looks like a maze" He answered.

"Have you ever entered it?" I asked.

"Yeah, but its dangerous. We don't know exactly whats in there yet, but each night, we hear strange noises. Kind of like gigantic spiders"

"Do they ever come out?"

"No. You're in safe hands. The gates once its dark"

The maze... It looked familiar. I've seen it somewhere, I know I did. I didn't know where though.

I started walking towards it. Not knowing what waited for me there. I need to find out what there was.

I began running in:

"Someone stop her!" I heard Alby yell.

Im not stopping.

That yell, made me run faster. Who knows what these guys will do to me?

Suddenly, I felt a strong arm around me, and it pulled me closer so my head was buried in the persons chest.

"You can't run of like that" He said.