15

The guards led us to a helicopter, where we were all squished together.
It felt strange looking at the outside of the maze. I couldn't believe we escaped after 3 years. It felt like a dream, and at any moment I can wake up, and Chuck will still be alive, Alby wouldn't have gotten stung...

In the helicopter, Thomas handed me the wooden figure I put into Chucks hands.
It was twice as dark, because of the dried blood.

"Are you kids okay?" I heard one of the guards ask.

Nobody answered. I mean, did it look like we were okay?

I took the carved, wooden figure, and put it into a pocket so I wouldn't loose it, then looked out of the window. The maze, and the glade were becoming smaller and smaller. They were surrounded by sand. Kind of like a beach. Except without the water.
Everything we worked hard on for the sake of survival....

Gone.

I was sitting between Thomas, and Minho

Everyone was drifting on to deep sleep.
We needed it.
But I was wide awake.
The whole helicopter hd W.I.C.K.E.D engraved into it.

Where the hell are we going? Are we going to W.I.C.K.E.D HQ?

I looked over to see if Minho was awake, and put my head on his shoulder, and put his hand into mine.

Minho was awake.

"Min" I quietly said.

"What is it princess?" He asked.

So far I like the fact, that nobody acknowledged Gallys death.

I took out the wooden figure from my pocket with my other hand, opened Minhos hand, which I was holding, and put the wooden figure in it.

"Thanks for taking care of Chuck while I was gone" I thanked him.

"What is this?" He asked, examining the figure.

"Chuck made it. I trust you more than anyone else. Keep it" I said.

"Did Chuck give this to you?"

"Yeah, but I can't keep it. I feel like I carry even more guilt than I do already with that. Plus, I constantly lose stuff"

"But he gave this to YOU. That means he wanted you to save it for him"

"Minho, you are my best friend. I want you to keep it. Please"

He clenched the figure in his hand, and kept it there.

"Thanks Min-Min" I said.

"Are you calling me 'Min-Min' ?" He asked.

"Have been for the past few years, but yeah. I'll stop calling you that, once you stop calling me 'princess' " I jokingly answered.

As he turned his head to look down again, I noticed something written on the back of his neck. I lifted his collar downwards, and read what was written.

 I lifted his collar downwards, and read what was written

"Property of WICKED. Group A, Subject A7. The Leader."

Property of WICKED. Subject...

Those words made me feel like we were just rats in a maze under a gigantic science experiment. Oh wait, we were...

"I never knew you had a tattoo" I said to Minho.

"I do?" He asked, completely surprised.

I read him the lines.

I know I didn't have one, because people would've noticed already, of my high ponytail, constantly swinging from side to side.

There was a long moment of silence.
At first, I thought Minho had fallen asleep.
I lifted my head off his shoulder, only to see Minho looking down at the tiny glade, with
a nervous look.
I couldn't blame him for being scared. Nothing was going as planned.

I knew what he was thinking.

What next?

"Minho. We'll figure something out",I said, and put my hand over his again.

"We always do"

EDIT:
This book is NOT finished.  Will there be a TST fanfic? A TDC? The answer is:
Yes.

Ill write  maybe another chapter as some extra reading, but you do not have to read it if you don't want to.
Once I write that, this book will be completed.
Im thinking of maybe taking a week off, just to write at least half of the third book on a draft, and then start uploading the second part of this fanfic. I already got the cover ready :D
Speaking of which, I got asked  if I was the one who makes my book covers.
I do.
Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful dayyyyy!!
-💋