Chapter 4

Note: Pic Above Is Connor (Not Real)  

The seond the door closed, my skin electrified. I ignore it, of course. Connor walks further into my tiny room. It isn't much. There is a twin bed pushed into the corner with a thick dark red blanket balled up at the end. I guess I forgot to make it. The dresser is the same red as my blanket, with a mirror full of pictures of my friends and me. A desk with my laptop and a shit ton of clutter. Clothes are in piles all over the floor.

        Shit... It was really a mess.

        "Cool room." Connor walks around and stops at the mirror. He plays with his hair a bit and then notices the pictures. Most of them are of Todd, Lily, and me. It is really embarrassing because I had huge purple braces that filled my mouth and thick rimmed glasses back then. Luckily for me, the braces came out last year and I started wearing contacts a few months ago.

        "You were a cute kid." I blush when these words leave Connors lips. I don't let him see though. I don't want to talk about me, so I change the subject.

        "Weren't you supposed to be at Mrs. Hall's room yesterday?"

        "If she wants to spend time with me she can ask more nicely, don't you think?" Connor smirks and I shut up. I don't understand why teenagers think it's so cool to be rude. I keep my mouth shut. I don't want to offend Connor. I still think he is a nice guy.

        I watch Connor fall backwards on the bed and close his eyes. I take the chance to fully appreciate his body (Nothing creepy about that). He is tall, but not lanky. He is actually quite muscular. His shirt curls up a bit at the bottom and I can see a treasure trail(I ignore the flutter in my stomach). My eyes venture up and I watch the rise and fall of his chest. Further up my eyes go, and his Adam's Apple rises up and down. From this angle I can see more little blonde hairs growing under his chin. His cheeks are flushed. My eyes take in every freckle. They seem to be most noticable on his nose and fade as they spread across his cheeks.

        "Take a picture. It'll last longer," Connor spoke softly, sounding almost shy. I was too caught up in those perfect freckles to notice his eyes opened. I look down at my toes cussing myself out mentally for getting caught.

        "I-I wasn't..." I try to make up a lie but decide agaisnt it. I had already been busted.

        The bed creaks as Connor sits up, but I still don't look up at him. He doesn't say anything. Is he freaked out? Did I make him uncomfortable? I hope he doesn't hate me. Now that would suck. The silence is deafening. I just want to get out. My feet won't move no matter what though.

        "I don't mind. I like when you look at me," Connor says, not sounding uncomfortable or shy. I feel relief explode through my chest that I didn't freak him out. Relief was replaced by fear instantly when Connor stands up and walks towards me.

        My eyes slowly move back up to meet Connor's. He isn't standing too close. If I reached out I could probably touch him, but not close.        
        'You want him closer, don't you?'

        No way. We're just friends.

        He smiles at me, but that's it. My eyes can't leave his. I'm trapped in a baby blue sea. From this distance I can smell cinnamon. I try smelling as much as possible without him noticing. His eyes give me a slow once over. Something flutters deep within me and I try ignoring it. I feel extremely awkward just staring. Nothing leaves my mouth though. He takes another slow step towards me.