Chapter 8

I was laying on Connor's bed watching Finding Nemo, Ms. O'Connors had showed up early that day and told me to go spend time with Connor. She would call me if something happened, and my mom had practically pushed me out the door. I don't think they know about me and Connor. Connor doesn't seem like the type to kiss and tell. Sure he told his mom about almost kissing me, but I couldn't see him telling her that he actually kissed me. She seemed oblivious this morning. I was relieved, I like Connor but I wasn't ready to tell everybody. I don't know if I ever will be. Todd and Lily are exceptions because they're my best friends. I don't keep secrets from my best friends.

            "I don't think we made it official..." Connor says taking me out of my head. He was still looking at the screen. We were laying beside each other but we weren't touching. I expect him to start getting touchy soon though... I was okay with that.

            "Make what official...?" I ask looking at him. We were on our stomachs, Connor was resting his chin in his folded arms. I was on my elbows keeping my head up. Connor sits up suddenly and crosses his legs. I sit up slowly and face him feeling slightly confused.

            "Will you be my boyfriend Dustin?" Connor asks his voice cracking a bit which I found extremely adorable. He was getting nervous. I was cursing the red light this second because I was certain Connor was blushing. I was waiting for him to ask me but now that he has I was a bit nervous myself. My hands were a bit sweaty and my heart beat just a tad faster. I knew my answer though.

            "Okay..." I say quietly and looking down at my lap. Connor tackles me to the mattress and starts kissing the side of my face. I knew he was going to get touchy. I laugh and squirm underneath him. He takes his weight off of me enough for me to turn onto my back and look up at him.

            "I'm going to kiss you." Connor says in a serious voice before grinning and kissing me. I liked this feeling. The tingles. It all felt right. I kiss him back and enjoy his weight on top of me. I could feel Connor smile and it makes me smile. He laughs lightly, his chest shaking. I hug him close.

            "I can't wait to tell my mom..." He says into my shoulder and I break a bit. I knew he would want to tell people...

            "Connor I don't want people to know yet..." I say into his shoulder and he pulls away. His face is a mask of confusion and hurt and I feel bad. I always have to ruin it. It was nice and happy a few seconds ago but I had to open my mouth.

            "Why not?" He asks sounding sad and hurt. I sigh and look up at the ceiling. "I wasn't ever planning on dating someone, let alone a guy. I just don't want to make things harder for me... People asking me all these questions... I have enough to deal with... I just want to keep this between us... And Todd and Lily." I look back at Connor after I'm done and he looks like he's lost in thought. Taking in what I just said. He licks his lips and then sighs closing his eyes. "Okay, yeah. I understand." He opens his eyes and they look happy again. He smiles at me. "At least I can still do this..." He leans down again and kisses me. Then he lays all his weight on me and turns his head to the TV watching the movie. I wheeze and gasp and squirm under him.

            "Connor... C'mon don't be an ass... You're killing me...!" I flail my arms as best I could and Connor laughs. He rolls off of me and laughs harder. I shove him a bit and he must have been on the edge of the mattress cause he slides off, he continues to laugh and I chuckle... I watch him laugh and I'm consumed in happiness... That's my boyfriend.

Thanks You All..