Chapter Twenty-Nine

(Stay) Chapter Twenty-Nine

Elena's POV

"You know I love you and your mother ...I love you both so much," he says, I scoff.

"Sure seems like it." I roll my eyes.

"Elena." He sighs.

"Just...continue." I say and lean back into my seat, I look down at his hands. There is no way I can make eye contact with him and not cry.

"Your mother and I had you at a very young age, we were teenagers and didn't know what to do." He says and I nod.

"I was just a kid, I didn't know what to do." He tells me.

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask.

"This is me apologizing for everything that I have done to you." He says and reaches for my hand across the table.

"I don't want an apology." I pull my hand away.

"Elena I don't know what else to do. What do you want me to do?" He asks, I couldn't tell if he was annoyed or sad.

"I wanted you to fight for me! That's all I have ever wanted!" I stand up from the chair, he stands up also.

"Elena, I..." I cut him off.

"Just save it, alright?" I place my hand out in front of me to silence him.

"What's done is done." I say and head for the door.

"Could you ever forgive me?" He calls out as I reach the door.

"Honestly?" I question and he nods.

"I want to...I don't know why but I really want to. But deep down I know that I can never really fully forgive you." I say, my eyes are becoming watery.

"Elena, I love you, I have always loved you. There wasn't a day that I didn't think about you and your mother. I regretted leaving so much, it hurt so bad to leave. I had to...you deserved better then me." He takes a few steps towards me.

"Why did you leave me?" A few tears escape my eyes.

"Why didn't you want me? What did I do to make you leave? I did good in school! I cleaned my room!" I was sobbing at this point, I know I was being childish but it just hurt so bad.

"No, Elena, please sweetie don't cry," my back walked closer to me and wrapped his arms around me tightly. My arms were clutched to my chest.

"It wasn't your fault...don't you ever think that that was your fault. I never wanted to leave you, I love you so much. You are my baby girl, no matter what I'll always be your dad." He says and rests his chin on my head.

"I may not be the best dad, but if you let me...I'll be the best that I can be." He says and pushes me back gently by the shoulders to look at me.

"Hell I be the best grandpa ever!" He says and I smile. He wipes away a few tears that lingered on my cheek.

I nod my head, "I don't want to lose you again, dad." I whisper and he kisses my forehead.

"I'm not gonna go no where, sweetie." He whispers back and I hug him.

There's a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I shout, pulling away from my dad.

Calum walks through the door and looks at u with wide eyes.

"What's going on?" He says and takes a step towards my dad.

"Nothing, Calum everything's-" I try to say but Calum starts to get into my fathers face.