Chapter XIV

Chapter XIV

"War does not determine who is right- only who is left."

-Bertrand Russell

He frowned as he heaved the weapon over his shoulder. How Timothy held this thing was beyond Darrin's comprehension. "Timothy, must you force me to practice with this?"

Timothy sighed, hanging his head. "Seeing that fact they believe you to be Dryad Warrior, you'll have to live up to the part."

Darrin groaned. "Again, why that excuse?"

Garroth walked into the room, his shirt off from his training. "Well, would you rather have been a fairy?"

His lips pursed. No way in Hell he thought, his brow furrowing with anger. Timothy snorted at his expression, and then easily stole the sword out of his grip. Darrin made a cry of protest, causing Timothy to only burst into laughter. Suddenly, chains wrapped around Timothy, causing him to yelp as he was pulled off the ground and hung upside down, chained to the rafters.

"What the Hell, you arse head!" Timothy screamed, putting on a mock British accent.

A low chuckle sounded from the shadows as the last Monster Hunter in Points Brooke walked out. He wore his signature black, skin tight suit with the same ninja-esque helmet. In fact, you could consider him a ninja/assassin. His weapon was a chain, that seemed to never end. He used it like a whip, nun-chucks, and as something to confine someone, as he demonstrated with Timothy. his blue eyes studied each of them before he pulled on the chain, causing it to let timothy down. He hit the ground, and groaned in pain before flinging a few choice words at the Monster Hunter. He simply replied with laughter, earning him the bird.

Garroth burst into laughter. "You should've seen your face!"

"Well excuse me, Dollop Head." Timothy muttered as he picked himself up.

"Caleb, what are you doing here?" Garroth asked, picking at his sleeve.

Caleb shrugged. "My baby sister has been kidnapped, I have to be here."

"How are we gonna explain this to the others?" Darrin asked, voicing everyone else's worries.

Timothy rubbed his jaw as he began pacing. Either he was rubbing it while deep in thought, or because it probably hurt like the Devil was unknown to Darrin. His eyes lit up as he came to a conclusion. "You'll just have to stalk us!"

Everyone burst into laughter. "W-what?' Caleb said through his laughs.

He sighed, hanging his head. "Caleb will stalk us, and eventually come out once we reveal ourselves."

Darrin nodded. As stupid as it sounded before, it was very possible. However, Garroth being Garroth, brought up the loophole in the plan. "Tim, it seems good, but what about the Werewolves?"

Timothy's face fell. He clearly hadn't thought of that detail. Darrin bit his lip as he thought of a solution. "What if we all carry around some of his clothes, make it seem like that's what they're smelling?"

"Another flaw: how do we explain why we are carrying his clothes?"

"I don't know," Darrin said, his jaw clenched as Garroth brought that up. Honestly, there was times when he wanted to punch his face in.

Garroth looked up as soon as he thought this, and Darrin realized he'd heard that. He immediately apologized and then went back to thinking.

Finally, Caleb spoke up. "Ya'll are poor, right?"