Chapter 5 || Year 2

Draco's POV-

"Draco. Care to explain why you've come second in your year for?" My father drawled.

I gulped and looked up, meeting his eye, not saying anything.

"Well?" He smirked.

"I really did try my hardest father, I swear." I said quickly.

"I can tell there's a reason Draco, please tell."

"I did try my hardest, but about halfway through I got a little distracted by a certain girl in my class." I stated, my cheeks starting to heat up.

"And you think it's acceptable to get shitty marks on your exams all because of a girl?" Father growled.

"No father." I muttered.

"Speak louder and clearer." He shouted.

"No father." I spoke louder.

"Now tell me, who was this girl anyway?" He asked.

"Her name's Hermione Granger. Some people say she's not pretty, but I think otherwise. And she's so smart, and what makes it even better is that she's a muggle born, and she knows so-"

"YOU CAME SECOND BEST TO A MUDBLOOD, AND YOU'VE HAD FEELINGS FOR ONE TOO?" My father bellowed, bringing his hand to my face and slapping it so hard it felt numb.

"Lucius!" My mother shouted, rushing over to my father.

He looked over at my mother and brought his hand back down to his side, watching as she flickered her eyes between the handprint on my cheek and his red hand.

"How hard did you hit him Lucius?" She whispered to him.

"He deserved it. He's been liking a mudblood, and he came second best to her in every single exam." My father growled.

My mother glared at my father before turning to me and softening her gaze.

"Draco, go to your room now." She said quietly.

"You better wipe all feelings you have for this mudblood, or otherwise there will be consequences much worse than a single slap. It's a good thing that she'll be wiped out this year." He hissed at me as I walked past him.

As soon as I was out of his sight, I sprinted into my room and slammed the door shut, walking into the en suite. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and traced the outline of the purple handprint with my finger, watching as the tears fell carelessly, thinking of how pathetic I was to be crying over a mudblood like her.

But it wasn't that simple. Nothing in life is simple these days.