Chapter 2: I'm Sorry

I decided to write another chapter :D
Enjoy!
______________________________________

You awoke to find Bill wasn't in bed.

Last night, in your dream, you and Bill had danced the night away. It was the most fun you had had in a long time. You had hoped you could give Bill a big hug to thank him once you woke up, but he wasn't there.

You threw the covers off your body and swung you feet over the bed. They hit the cold wooden floor, making you shiver. You stood up and walked out your bedroom floor.

You walked down the hallway and heard clinking sounds come from the kitchen.

That must be Bill. You said to yourself.

You were right. Once you walked in the kitchen, you saw Bill sitting at your kitchen table drinking coffee and reading the Gravity Falls Gossiper. That was the name of the town's newspaper.

You gave him a smile, but he didn't look up at you. He kept staring at the papers, glaring at it as if he were mad at it.

You were slightly confused until you noticed which issue he was reading. It was the one that came out right after Mable and Dipper left. It was the one that said awful things about you.

"Bill...where did you-"

"In the trash" he interupted. "I found it in the trash."

His fingers tightened around the paper and he shook with rage. He then threw the papers across the room.

"Bill..."

"How could they say such awful things about you?!"

There was nothing but anger in his eye as he looked down at the table. He grabbed his mug of coffee and took an angry sip before slamming it back down on the table.

Before he could put his hand back under the table, you reached across the table and placed your hand on his arm.

You gentle rubbed his arm with your thumb and the anger in his eye began to melt away. Then it returned and the newspaper caught ablaze.

"Bill!" You gasped in fear as the blue flames began to eat at the papers.

"It's my magic" Bill said. "It won't spread."

You looked back at Bill and saw him staring at your hand that was on his arm. You watched as he brought his other hand up from under the table and grabbed your hand. He brought your hand up to his lips and slowly kissed your fingers.

"I'm sorry" he said.

You tilted your head in confusion. "Why are you apologizing?"

"This is all my fault" he said. "If I hadn't fallen for Stanford's stupid trick, I would still have Gravity Falls under my control and you wouldn't had had to go through all of this."

Sadness coated Bill's uncovered eye. "I should have been here."

You stared lovingly at Bill. "It's okay Bill. I still don't see why you're apologizing, but I forgive you."

Bill finally made eye contact with you and smiled. He stood up from the table and let go of your hand. He began to make his way over to the door, stepping over the flaming newspaper in the process.

"Bill? Where are you going?" You asked.

Bill looked over his shoulder at you and smiled. "To burn the town down."

You chuckled.

Bill went up to the door and opened it, about to step out. Your eyes widened.

Wait! He's being serious?!

You stood up from your chair and bolted over to him. You grabbed his hand and pulled him away from the door.

"Yeah, how 'bout you not do that?" You asked.

Bill gave you a very confused look. "But why not?! They deserve it!"

You laughed nervously. "I just don't think it's a very good idea."

"I think it's a fantastic idea!"

You had to come up with an excuse and quick. "Well...you're still kinda weak Bill."

"I'm not weak!"

"Bill, you're still covered from head to toe in bandages and...you can't kill an entire population on an empty stomach!"

"...what?"

"That's right!" You said, leading Bill back over to the kitchen. "You need energy for that!"

You sat Bill in his chair. "So why don't you sit there and I'll make us some breakfast!"

Bill stared at you for awhile until a bright smile appeard on his face. "You're absolutely right! I would never have thought of that! Thanks love!"

You smiled and kissed his cheek. "You're welcome."

You turned around and let out a quiet sigh of relief. You then began to make breakfast.