Friendship Love Story

Ugh what a long day, I need some rest ~cell phone buzzes~ "Hey Luke what's up?

Can you meet me up at the forest I need to talk yo you"

Sigh "right now?!?"

"Yes please it's really important, I have something to offer you."

I grab my keys and lock the door. "Ok I'll be right there."~ hangs up~ why today that I feel like crap.

5 minutes later

'Hey! so what's up?" I ask. Luke looked really nervous, something was definetly up.

"sooo.... why are you asking?" he aasked but if you didnt know him like i do, you wouldnt have noticed a thing.

"Well you did call me remember? I can tell you need something so spill because I want to go home and sleep."

He thought about it and then said, "Will you marry me?! I mean what im trying to say is like a fake weeding not really being true. You don't have to agree if you don't want too."

I was astonished, I didnt't know what to say but I did feel the urge to say are you out of your mind im only 18 and I don't wan to get married!!

"What is this all about?" I said ready to walk away. Wow i had never imagined getting proposed to and especially by Luke.

"Well in my family it is tradition to get married at nineteen which sucks because were not tin those time anymore and I really don't want to get married." he said rapidly.

"But why me??"

"Because I was hoping you might help me, plleeaassee!?! I'll give you half my fortune im going to receive."

He was in one knee in front of me pleading and whining like a little kid. Maybe something good could come out of this.

"Well that does sound good and I do need the money, so yeah im in." I said with a smile.

He hugged me, picked me up and twirled mein the air. He was really happy. After he put me down I returned the hug, he wrapped his arms around my waist and we just held each other.

"This is getting akward." I said, as we both let go."Well see you later."

"We have to meet up this whole week to plan evething I want it to be perfect, so no one will suspect anything." he said.

"Don't worry Im not going to back down, I'll see you tomorrow same place and same time." As I walked away i wondered what had I just gotten myself into.

The next day

"So how is this going to work out?" I asked Lucas as I climbed a tree.

"You're going to have to come to the ball so I can introduce you as my fiancé/girlfriend and if they ask anything else well I'm still figuring that out." he said as he climbed down the tree.

"Ok so your going to tell your family I'm your fiancé and then what is going to happen." I asked Luke as I Hanged upside down from the tree, while he layed out in the grass.

"Well sort of. We are going to walk in dance and and all that then the time will come when I'll tell everybody I'm marrying the beautiful Vianney Vladimier." he said smiling at me.

Wow what a plan wS this turning into. I think a blind monkey could come up with a better strategy. "Don't you think your family is going to wonder how you got a fiancé so fast?"

It doesn't matter what they think as long as I'm getting married I get to decide." he said determined.

We looked at the stars silently for awhile. I like being around Luke, his presence is calming but he always has the tendency to mess it up. He broke the silence by asking, "why are you really helping me?"

"If you must ask, first it's because I want to help and this is like an adventure for me and well I'm getting paid aren't I. I just want to be helpful ok?"

"Ok that's all that matters."

"Now help me get off this tree I'm kind of stuck." Being up side down was getting uncomfortable. Luke got up and grabbed me but I was trying to help him help me. While we did that, I don't know what really happened but we both fell to the ground with a thud.

I opened my eyes and I was laying on top of Luke. I felt so lightheaded, I looked at him and he looked unconscious so I shook him by the shoulders. "Luke! Luke wake up!" I felt like slapping him to see if he would wake up. I got closer to him to see if he he was awake and out of nowhere he opened his eyes and grabbed me.

I screamed. "ahhhhhh" If it's not because he had a hold of me I would of smacked him for scaring me. Now he was on top of me.

"Why are you laughing, you scared the shit out of me!" I tried to break free so I could give him a piece of my fist but I couldn't. So i started talking again, "let me.." was all I said because I was surprised when he leaned closer to me.

Oh god he wasn't going to kiss me because were just good friends even though he looked fine, noooo what am I thinking I have to say something. Say something you moron. "What are you looking at?"

He looked like he was in a trance he said, "you look magnificent."

"What?" what was his problem, why was he saying, this is getting a little weird.

"You look different"

He looked like he had snapped out of it.

"Luke I'm getting a little hot under here do you mind?"

He looked a little stunned still, like as if he was returning to reality.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to keep you under." he rolled over and laid next to me.

"So what now?" I asked.

"Everything is ready for the wedding and all, basically all you have to do is be there." he said with his eyes closed. He looked really tired, as if he hadn't slept for awhile. I felt the same I just wanted to rest.

"Don't worry this will be over soon." I said. We stayed there for awhile. It felt like it was getting late but I don't remember much, I just know I fell asleep in damp grass.