(3) Threat

"Ienois, Ienois!"

I'm shook awake violently. Cringing , I touched my head. Ow , that's definitely a sore spot right there.

Standing in front of me now is Artemis , her golden blond hair in thick waves flowing past her shoulders and ending mid-chest.

"I can't believe this dream I had. I went to this senile old lady called the oracle and she told me i was a demigod and then she was a god and then i was going to olympus. Well , i guess crazy birthday dreams are real then."

"Ienois , your not dreaming."

"You were the old lady weren't you?"

"Yes I was."

"I might have to faint again."

Artemis's silver eyes widened and she shook her head furiously. Funny , they were grey when she was the old lady but now they were a solid beautiful silver.

"No! Do not faint again Ienois!"

"Ugh , call me Nona , please. Ienois is such a mouthful."

"But its such a lovely name. Unique too. Alright , I'll call you Nona. Do not faint again Nona , I certainly don't have all day you know."

Groaning , I sat up straight and leant against the table. I must have applied too much force because the crystal ball came falling on my lap.

"Careful now , it wasn't cheap."

"Wait a minute. Why the hell is Wiona in your flipping crystal ball!"

Artemis smiled while looking straight at me. Her eyes betrayed nothing.

"I couldn't risk anyone else knowing your heritage so I sent her away for a while. I had to keep and eye for her too so she doesn't die while under my power."

My eyes widened and I'm sure disbelief coloured them.

"So she doesn't die? What the hell! Leave my friend out of this!"

"Relax , I only used compulsion and its temporary. It'll fade but only if I want it to."

"Set her free now. Why haven't you done that yet?"
No wonder Wiona took so long. Artemis had her under a bloody mind spell or something.

"I have a condition actually."

Of course. There was always a condition. I kinda wished I stayed in my unconscious state a little longer. Then I wouldn't have to deal with this demigod bullshit.

"What's your condition." I asked reluctantly , not really wanting to know.

"Come with me to Olympus. You are needed there."

I sighed. This is going to be difficult. Why couldn't I celebrate my birthday with my best friend like always without inviting trouble? I wanted no part of this and now I'm told I'm a flipping demigod.

"Okay listen here Arty , I'm not very fond of jokes and definitely do not believe the bull you spout. I am not going to Olympus with you , wherever the hell it is. I'm NOT a demigod. I'm just a regular sixteen year old who lives with her single parent because her father was too much of a douche to care for her. So leave my family and friends out of this. You hear me?"

Artemis looked amused. Amused!

"Ah , feisty , just like your father. Well , I knew this wouldn't be easy from the start."

My whole body stiffened and froze.
Like my father? She knows about my father. What in the world.

"Sweetheart , I am patient but only to an extent. I have your friend under my control and soon , it will be your mother—"