26. The Heartbreak Chronicles

"Wassup Ty," Jay said as he dapped his bro up.
"What's going on Jay?" Ty asked.

It was unlike him to drop by without a warning. Ty knew something was on his mind.

"Everything good with you and Rih?" Jay asked.
"Yeah man everything is great. She's the most amazing girl anyone could ask for. She's the girl of my dreams. I can't believe we're getting married bro, it's like I still have a crush on her."

Jay chuckled at his response.
"Nigga she got you pussy whipped."

"Shut up, fool. You still messing around with Beyoncé?"

Jay sighed. "Dawg, I fucked up."

TyTy sat up, more concerned with what he was saying. "What did you do?"

"I played her because I thought she was playing me."
Jay sighed and rubbed his hands over his face. "I felt like she was using me... as a side nigga or a rebound. I was just there to make her cum. That's how I thought about it. So I got this other broad I was messing with. She caught me with her at this beach club. When she confronted me I told her I wanted to be in a relationship and not to just be fucking around."

"Jay, she is going through a divorce. Put yourself in her louboutins."

"I know but it was what I wanted, or so I thought. But anyway, she got upset. She blocked my number, my Instagram, my Twitter, my Facebook, basically anything I can contact her on."

"So you are saying this, why?" Ty asked leaning back in his chair.

"She told me niggas ain't shit and I just proved her right. I ain't shit, I broke her trust. I want her back. I never thought I would feel this way about a female. She has this hold on me-"

Ty laughed. "And you said I was pussy whipped? Y'all wasn't even in a relationship."

"No Ty, I'm being serious. It's been a week since I've seen her or heard from her and I can't take it."

Ty and Jay have been bros for a very long time. Ty could clearly see that this whole situation was really hurting Jay.

When Ty stayed quiet for too long Jay spoke again.

"I need her. I think I'm in love with her."

Ty handed Jay his phone. Nothing needed to be said, Jay knew what he meant.
Without another word, Jay took the phone from him and went out on the porch.
He checked his phone for her name and dialed her number on Ty's phone.

*

Beyoncé is at home with Michael. They may not have a defined relationship but they know where they stand. It started as filling the voids Jay and Chris left, but she started to fall for him. He was easy to talk to, he listened and he made her laugh.

It's been a week since he told Bey about his daughter. They've been hanging out ever since then. It's like it brought them closer together. She knew he was more mature than your average 25 year old.

"Okay," Michael started. "Forest Whitaker or Samuel L. Jackson?"

They shared a laugh.

"Uh... Samuel," she said choking on her laughter.

Michael was silly and completely down-to-earth. That's why they clicked. It was nice to have a relationship with someone that came so naturally, it wasn't being forced. It was very genuine.