30. I Wish We Never Did It

Bey POV

I parked my car and started admiring the other cars.

I know I should probably be getting 4 door cars but I have enough already. I need cars to satisfy my own needs.

I scoped out the Corvette I wanted and ran inside to tell one of the workers. Buying cars is a great relief for me. I love the new car smell, the first time you start it up, the first time you drop the top, it's truly amazing.

Buying cars is like buying shoes to me. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of shoes too. But cars are more satisfying.

When I walked in I saw a tall man wearing a suit. His back was to me but he seemed familiar.

I was going to turn around and walk out but he turned around too soon.

Just the man I didn't want to see.

"I didn't know you worked here." I told him.

"You didn't ask, and I don't work here I own it." Jay responded without looking in my eyes.

"Well let me show you which one I want."

He followed me out of the door all the way to the Corvette.

"This is a nice one

"This is a nice one."

He started telling me all about the perks and gadgets. It really wasn't necessary because I was already sold.

"Okay, Shawn. I want it."

"Aight, you have to fill out this paperwork. So come on, I'll show you to my office."

We walked all the way back inside and sat down.

He highlighted everything I needed to fill out and sign.
It took me a few minutes but I'm finally done.

"One last thing you have to do before you get the keys..." Jay said.

"What is it?" I asked eager to get my shit and get out.

"Have dinner with me?"

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Just give me the keys, fuck boy."

"Come on, Bey."

"No."

"Why? Is Michael your boyfriend?"

"Yes, yes he is."

"Wow. You told me you wasn't ready."