Chapter Twenty

- Ariana -

.

.

.

.

.

"Yes, Mr. Miller?" Mr. Janson answers, noticing that Ethan has his hand raised.

"Can I leave?" He asks desperately.

Mr. Janson rolls his eyes and goes back to solving his paperwork.

"I can't believe you dragged me into this," I mumble, shaking my head.

Ethan's neck snaps towards me. "Dragged you into this? You're actually blaming this on me? The way I remember it, I'm not the one who started an invalid argument."

I let out a sigh.

Suddenly, Kyle walks into the room closing the door behind him. He places a note on Mr. Janson's desk, mumbling, "Sorry, I'm late." Then, he takes a seat on the desk next to mine.

"Of-fucking-course!" Ethan blurts, throwing his hands in the air in frustration.

"Ethan Miller!" Mr. Janson snaps. "May I suggest you expand your vocabulary to more than just profanities?"

I move my desk slightly closer to Kyle's.

"What'd you do?" I whisper.

"Came late to class," he mutters back.

I give him a look. "Oh, wow, you bad boy."

"I know right?" He chuckles quietly.

"You two done flirting? You're making me sick," Ethan notes.

"Shut up, Miller," Kyle says indignantly.

"Stop it, you two," Mr. Janson orders. He then stands up, collecting the stack of papers on his desk. "I'm going to have to leave for a few minutes to go over these with Mrs. Rosa. I don't want to come back to find a huge mess. Do I make myself clear?"

We all nod as he leaves the class, the sound of the door's lock engaging behind him. 

For a few minutes, I imagine this isn't going to be too bad. Maybe, we'll all just leave each other alone. But then--

"I don't understand why you hate me so much," Kyle bursts out.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

- Ethan -

.

.

.

.

.