Big Plans & Gold Bands Pt2

(Cody's POV)

Zack drove in silence until we pulled up to a beautiful secluded park with a crystal clear lake we got out and stood by the water a small distance between us but it felt gaping.

"My mom used to bring me here alone before she got sick he whispered I always wanted to take the one I love here someday I'm glad I got the chance... I'm glad it's you".

Zack it sounds like your saying goodbye I said a sharp pain filling my chest I would not let him leave me that easily.

" That's because I am Cody I'm no good for you I only bring you trouble you've done everything for me you are everything to me and you I'm nothing if I had lost you back there I swear Cody I would have ended it"

Zack tried to choke back a sob but the tears still came I walked up to him and held him close Zachery D Ryder look at me.

Zack met my eyes and I continued I love you Zack I'm in love with you baby your the very air I breathe my other half my soulmate if you want to walk away I will walk with you because where forever Zack whether you like it or not I'm not going anywhere I could never be better off without you you're my best friend, my confidant, my lover, your my everything Zack I. LOVE. YOU.

I pulled out a small box from my pocket getting on one knee Zachery D Ryder what do you say to spending the rest of your life stuck with me? Marry me?

Zack looked stunned then he beamed at me he crouched down on his knee pulling a box out of his pocket with a similar gold band except this one had forever engraved on the inside of the band "You've always gotta be one step ahead of me" he breathed against my skin making me shiver.

Zack chuckled softly pulling me to my feet and kissing me sweetly no one spoke because no one had to we walked back to the car hand in hand rings glistening in the moonlight.

The End