Papyrus

"well, i guess we could walk there since it isn't too far." sans suggested as you were both walking in what you thought was the direction of the Waterfalls.

        "S-Sure I don't mind." You responded.

        While the both of you walked, you would constantly be glancing left and right to see if there were any clues as to where Papyrus could be. Something caught your eye and you quickly ran over to it.

        "sans, what's this?" You asked, picking up a torn piece of orange-red cloth by a blue flower. After you spoke, you jumped a bit, hearing your words being whispered back to you. You almost screamed, feeling a hand on your shoulder, but once you turned around you saw that it was only sans.

       "calm down kiddo. I guess you could say-" he stopped and looked over at the orange cloth you were holding. He quickly took it out of your hands without warning and looked at it, "probably part of Papyrus' scarf..."

        While sans was staring intently at the fabric, you wandered off a few steps. You looked down at the ground in front of you and cocked your head to the side out of confusion. Bending down, you took a handful of the pile of dust on the ground, "sans, what's this?" you said, repeating your words from earlier.

        sans turned around and saw the dust slipping through your fingers and back down to the pile it came from. He looked as if he had just been stabbed with a dagger. He walked over and was whispering to himself, "Pap... what happened to you?" he said and fell to his knees in front of the pile of dust. "you left too early... this timeline- what."

        You could hear faint words, but since he was whispering, you weren't sure of what he was saying. "s-sans?" you questioned. This dust can't be Papyrus', can it? you thought to yourself. You remembered what you learned from Toriel. The form that monsters took when they passed looked very much like this dust.

        Suddenly, sans turned to look at you, "did you do this?" he asked in a serious tone.

        You were a bit shocked, how could you have done this? You only just arrived, "Of course I didn't, sans. I-I would never. " You said, slightly upset inside that he would question you, it hurt. He has barely known me, so I guess this would be nor-

        Your thoughts were cut off as you heard some laughter from sans, "heh... You did this, didn't you?" his tone was ice cold.

       "No sans, I didn't. Please trust me. "

        "how can i trust you?" He asked as he got up and inched closer to you.

       "s-sans please I-"

       "Brother? What are you doing here?" An unfamiliar voice spoke.

        sans froze, and you were the same. He seemed as if he had recollected himself and backed away from you. Silently, he turned around to see his brother, "i... could ask you the same thing." sans said, his voice shaking. It sounded as if he was on the verge of tears.

        "W-Wha-sans, are you alright? Don't cry."

        Once again, sans' knees collided with the ground, "Where were you? I was so... bonely. I didn't know where you were... I thought..."

        Papyrus quickly ran up to sans and knelt by him, hugging him tightly.

        Only then did you snap out of your state of fear to find the two skeletons hugging. Papyrus was much taller than sans by the looks of it, but you weren't bothered to think about their appearances at the moment. You clenched your chest, where your heart was. It was beating so quickly and loudly from the fear from earlier.