When Simon Dumps Clary

This chapter is shorter than the rest (sorry about that). Basically I just had this feeling that you guys have had a glimpse of Leah's relationships with everybody - all the main characters at least.
She's pretty rude to Clary; hates her in fact (even more than Alec does, which is something). Leah is always trying to convince Jace that she'd always be there for him; her love for him is kinda unending, and very unfortunately Jace doesn't return it to THAT extent.
Alec and Leah have the most perfect relationship af. Personally I would've loved them to be parabatai. And Leah and Izzy are like girl-mates; pretty much of best friends, because if there's someone in the house who understands Isabelle's taste for fashion and her 'womanly needs', it's Leah Ravenscar. Bosom companions, as you'd call it.
Even with Magnus, Leah has got a good relationship. And Jem and Tessa - although forced to be distant with their daughter - absolutely love her.
Now, since Leah hasn't quite mentioned Simon much around and has not even had a proper conversation with him, I'd like to dedicate this chapter to things between them.
Thanks for reading:)

PS: this is around the time after the war on Valentine's ship, when Simon has changed into a Daylighter.

Simon sat on a wooden chair in the lawn outside his house, his eyes closed in strained thought. His mother had left him a plate of baked beans and hash browns, but being a vampire, he couldn't relish the treat, and would only have to empty it on a roadside bin later.

For now, someone whistled above his head, and Simon looked up to see Leah Ravenscar perched gracefully atop the ivy-kissed walls that surrounded his house.

"Holy -" Simon swore, but then burst into a series of vampiric coughs, as he couldn't say whatever religious name he was planning to take. "You almost scared me, Leah!"

"Scared you? What a vampire are you if didn't hear me climb the wall and seat myself there?" Leah questioned.

"I . . . I was in deep thought." Simon admitted.

"Let me guess." Leah rested her right leg upon her left thigh seductively, turning to face Simon. "You were thinking about Clary? And Jace?"

For a moment he looked freaked out, but then he only sighed and nodded. "I don't know what to do about her. I mean, Jace is her brother!"

"And it's so obvious, isn't it, that she still harbours feelings for him?" Leah laughed.

"I know, right? And the worst thing is that I am supposed to be the one for her! I have always been there for her! Jace - she just met Jace a month ago or so! How can she presume herself to be in love with him or something?!" Simon exclaimed.

"Oh, trust me, love finds you in the oddest ways." Leah whispered. "All I can tell you is that Clary and Jace will always be obsessed with each other, in love with each other, craving for each other despite all odds."

"Even with they are siblings." Simon added bitterly.

"Especially when they're siblings. You want things all the more when you know you can't have them."

"Wow, you're so wise." He complimented sadly.

"And because I'm wise, I'm telling you: don't force Clary into a relationship with you -"

"I forced Clary!? I never forced her!"

"I don't know about that, but Clary has a tendency to hurt you even more when she is actively dating you. And that will be because she doesn't like you romantically at all. I hope I make sense."

"You do." Simon admitted. "I just get so jealous and hurt all the time when I know that I'm in love with her, when I'm her boyfriend too, when she is all mine, and yet . . .she still looks at Jace and the real warmth is passed between them, and not between us. I . . . I . . .feel so hurt, and I also feel so selfish."

Leah gracefully came down the wall, and put a comforting hand on Simon's shoulder. "You love Clary. Then assume - accept it - that your love is one-sided; that she doesn't return it the way you do. But you still love her, and you would do anything and everything for her, won't you?"

Simon nodded. "Then free her! Her love, her friendship with you, is a prison for her. It is like Clary is almost obliged to date you, because or else, you will be hurt. And ironically, she's hurting you all the more, because even though you are together, she is constantly feeling it for Jace instead.

"She did this all because she loved you, she cared for you and she wanted you to be happy. Now do the same for her. Let her free, so that she can at least love Jace without any pressure coming from your side! You're her best friend Simon; her happiness should be your happiness."

"You're advising me to break up with Clary?"

"It might sound absurd, but trust me, she'll be gratified when you do it." Leah advised.

"Thank you." Simon nodded, seeming inspired. "Thank you so much, you've really changed my life.Thank you so much Leah. Also, Clary said you hated her; when did you . . . .change your mind?"

"Oh, I still hate her, do not mistaken this as my affection for Clarissa Morgenstern. I just . . .it takes nothing to wish - and to work - for someone else's happiness."

"Just a wise heart, I guess." Simon smiled.