Epilogue: Heavenly Fire

Oskino watched from the corner of the room as the last Shadowhunter got sent back to Idris and Asmodeus too materialised away, with a curt nod towards him. Oskino didn't reply to the demon's greeting, though; he considered himself too high to even nod or wave at a creature with a demonic soul.

He instead went over to watching the floor of the Bone Court, where Leah Ravenscar had left a pool of blood before dying. Ah. He wished he hadn't thought of that. Just like the ugly red pool of partially dried blood, Leah too had left a huge imprint on Oskino's heart and soul. He was already going mad with his urge to somehow bring her back from the dead - somehow rewind to the time during her birth where he wished he had not cursed her at all.

Oskino was a talented demon. He saw insights from the future and from the past as well; he knew all the happenings of the world where he lived, the world above him and the world even above, where a haughty Raziel sat on his divine gold throne, feasting on purple grapes and golden apples.

And yet he was sure that throughout the rest of his forever, he would be haunted by the memories of Leah Ravenscar - the ghost of Leah Ravenscar. He still wished he could do something . . . .just something. He wished so many things at once it was impossible to concentrate on anything at all.

Oskino sighed with frustration and turned to look at the scene before him out of the window. The city was now entirely submerged in heavenly fire - a rather unpleasant and unusual thing to occur in a demon dimension. Oskino didn't take too long to make his decision; it was only a flit second really.

One moment he was looking at the burning city below, and the other moment, the demon jumped down - in the heart of the heavenly fire.

-The End-