Part 4

When Gabby got back, it was 1 am and Gabby was so tired. She made a hot chocolate and climbed into bed, she checked her phone, she had three messages.

Sophie: Check your instagram! xx Gabby smiled but she was too tired to go on it.

Gabby: In the morning! I'm too tired right now, have fun with Oliver xx She looked at Georgia and Luke's message and then she went to sleep.

Gabby didn't wake up until 10:30 and she still felt tired. She went on her phone and she had a message from Sophie.

Sophie: Yeah I will thank you! Goodnight and I'll see you tomorrow x

Gabby: Haha yea, so when are you coming back? xx

She remembered Sophie told her to go on instagram, she switched it on and she saw there was a 20 picture flipagram of loads of pictures of the party with the song 'last night' by the vamps in the background. Gabby loved it and she thought it was so nice. She was so lucky to have a kind and thoughtful sister like Sophie. She liked it and commented, then she went on to Facebook and Snapchat. She started to feel really hungry so she ventured down into the  empty kitchen to look for some food. She saw what was left of her birthday cake on the kitchen table and she grinned mischievously. She cut a big slice and as her teeth sunk into the chocolate delight her mouth was bursting with flavour.

She went back to bed again and listened to music on her ipad,

"Hello how are you?" asked her mum, coming in with some toast.

"Good! Tired though!" said Gabby.

"Yea, I bet! Well Victoria has requested to play with you, so if you don't mind, after what we did for you last night?" asked her mum. Actually it was Sophie who arranged it but she still agreed. She sat down with Victoria and started having a tea party with the dollies but Gabby was so tired that she wasn't really playing properly.

"Gabby! Play with me properly!" whined Gabby's little sister, She apologised to Victoria. It was actually quite therapeutic, playing and listening to music on the charts. She wondered if Sophie was still asleep or maybe she was having a big fancy brunch with Oliver, she would probably be home soon and Gabby could not wait to see her sister.

When Gabby went to get a drink, she parents stopped her, they looked scared and worried.

"Gabby, have you heard from Sophie this morning?" asked her mum, she was shaking. Gabby was confused.

"No why? Well I haven't been on my phone for like two hours, so I don't know," said Gabby nervously.

"Well can you check please?" asked her mum. Gabby nodded and ran upstairs, Gabby thought it was odd that Sophie had not contacted their parents, but she probably had and her parent's phone was so old fashioned that it probably hadn't come through yet. When Gabby checked her phone , she was shocked to see she hadn't received a single message, not from Sophie, not from anyone. She checked through her social media and refreshed her messages but there was nothing. Gabby tried not to worry, she rang her sister, maybe she just forgot to text but deep down she knew it wouldn't make a difference, Sophie's phone was turned off. That was strange, she never had her phone off, even when she was asleep, let alone in the afternoon.

Gabby slowly walked downstairs, expecting her parents to just brush it off and say she was fine but they looked terrified. No one had heard from her. Her mum rang the police, Gabby felt scared, it was too soon. Sophie hadn't been gone for long enough but she didn't have her phone on and she has been non-contactable for 12 hours. That's when Gabby finally clicked, her sister was now a missing child, that's when Gabby broke down in tears.

When the police came, Gabby was in her bedroom sitting on her bed and Victoria was sitting crossed legged on her carpet playing on the DS. She knew pretty much what was going on and she was deeply upset and worried.

"Are they going to find her?" asked Victoria in a hoarse whisper. Her bright blue eyes stared up at Gabby which made her even sadder.

"I don't know but the police have been round to question Oliver to see if he knew anything," said Gabby, who was also telling herself as well. She really couldn't believe what was going on. It was only twenty-four hours since Gabby's birthday party, she then remembered her wish, about herself and Sophie growing old together, how already that wish wasn't looking like it was going to come true anytime soon. She scoffed miserably before breaking out into loud sobs. She buried her head in her hands, and she felt Victoria put her arms around her, pulling her over into a hug.

"Don't cry, it's going to be okay, mummy said that they will find her soon and then everything will be alright," said Victoria. She meant well and she sounded so sweet but it only made Gabby cry harder, knowing that wasn't the truth and knowing that nothing would be the same again.

"Yes, your right! I shouldn't cry, should I!" said Gabby forcing out a laugh and wiping her tears even though there were plenty more waiting to come. After Gabby felt like she could trust herself to be quiet, she got up and crept to the kitchen. The door was only slightly open, but she could hear snippets of the conversation, 

"We filed a report of the....."

"We spoke to Oliver but....."

"..found no evidence....being there..."

"He know nothing!" Gabby knew exactly what was going on even though she heard bits of the conversation. For a moment she just stood against the wall and tears ran down her face. She was scared, really scared. For Sophie, for herself and for the rest of her family. She imagined everyone being at Sophie's funereal all dressed in black and crying. Gabby shuddered, it wasn't worth thinking about. She walked into her room and sat on her bed.

"So... What did the police say?" asked Victoria hopefully. Gabby sighed sadly, she didn't want to tell the truth.

"I don't know, I didn't hear them talk. The door was closed, so yea," lied Gabby. She thought about what Sophie could be doing, if she was alright, or hurt. The possibilities were endless and she couldn't bear thinking about it.

(Author note: so if your wondering how on earth I'm writing all these parts so quickly is because I'm copy and pasting from my laptop as I finished this book a year ago! I'm also editing.)