chapter seven.

Thanks for reading guys! Okay, this story is getting there! Stuff is going to happen eventually! Sorry it sucks so much!

[PICTURE ON THE SIDE] 

Okay, here's the chapter! 

* * * 

The week passed me in a blink of an eye.  I just remember waking up on Tuesday and then all of a sudden, it was Sunday.  These last few days were spent lying on my bed pondering on my relationship with Harry.  I had ignored him because of his decisions.  He didn’t even stop Felicity.  He was just a coward.

I hadn’t received an apology from him until Friday and even that didn’t make me feel better.  Harry didn’t explain or cover for his mistakes. He simply just texted, “I’m sorry,” as if that was enough. As if I would forgive him for picking Felicity over me. As if I could ever forget about this “bump in the road.”

There wasn’t a “road” anymore. I was done.  Harry had pulled the last straw and he didn’t even know.  He’s hurt me in more ways than I can imagine and he can’t even see his own errors. This relationship, this so-called “friendship,” was over.

It’s just so frustrating.  Why throw this all away over one stupid concert?I constantly battled with my thoughts. I’m throwing this all away because I can’t take it anymore. I don’t deserve this pain because I never did anything.  I was left out in the cold and no one cared, Harry didn’t and doesn’t give two shits about me. I was not kidding when I said I was done with this.  After all, it’s okay to walk out of someone’s life if you don’t feel like you belong in it anymore.  

* * *

Monday. Today was the first day back to school. I let out a sigh when I realized that it was my last first day. Sixth year. Wow, it definitely went by fast.

I was starting the school year without my best friend, another sad thing to add to the list.

After several snoozes and groans, I finally got out of my comfortable and warm bed.  The lack of willpower I had astounded me.

When I reached my bathroom, I flinched when my feet made contact with the cold floor. Slowly, I stepped onto the rug and looked up at my reflection.

Oh boy.

I lazily stripped away the clothes on my body.  When I was completely naked, I stepped into the shower and sluggishly turned it on. I was in no rush at all.  I didn’t even care if I was late to school.

* * *

I glanced at the clock on the microwave. 7:50. OH SHIT. The bell rings at 7:55 and it was nearly a ten-minute walk from my house.  Quickly, I threw away my banana and grabbed my backpack.  Before leaving, I adjusted my uniform and took one last look at my face. I didn’t say bye to anyone because I was the only one home, of course.

When I was out the door, I sprinted the sidewalk and started to speed walk to school.  How embarrassing it would be to get detention on the first day of school?  I mentally slapped myself for being such a dumbarse. Why am I so fucking stupid?

I kicked around some rocks as I waited at the stoplight.  It was taking forever.  Cars whizzed by faster than the tap of my foot on the pavement. Growing impatient, I waited a little while until it was clear to cross the street, even though the sign said to stop. Oh, I’m so bad.

Half way across the street, someone behind me yelled,

“Hey Mel! Stop, wait up.” I knew it was that curly-haired boy that I hated so much, yet I couldn’t get that through my heart. Even though I disliked him, I could never stop loving him.