chapter nine.

I FINALLY UPDATED. I actually like this chapter, like omfg. Okay anyways, I FOUND MEL. I FINALLY FOUND HER. And you might not have imagined her this way, but when I saw her on that post on tumblr, I knew that was Mel.

She isn't a celebrity. But she's the girl on the side! OH AND SO IS THE VIDEO/SONG. 

Okay I hope you like the chapter! (; 

Sorry if there are mess ups, I just really wanted to post it! LOL 

* * * 

"Can we start over?" Harry said, "Can we be strangers again? Let me introduce myself, we can laugh and talk, and relearn what we already know. And come up with new inside jokes, and create new memories, and give each other a second chance."

He did not. He did not just say that. I knew exactly where that was from. Those aren't his words, I thought. He's such a bitch. I laughed to myself.  If he was willing to memorize some shit for me and actually have a one on one 'apology' then I guess it's time to let go of the past.

After I finished stuffing my papers into the binder, I looked up at him and smiled. Immediately, this dimples caved in and he leaned forward and gave me a big bear hug, with my arms awkwardly in the middle with my books.

"Okay, so does this mean this petty fight is over?" He laughed. I gave him a look saying not to push it. He laughed again at me and draped in arm around my shoulder.

We walked all the way home like this.

* * *

"What should I wear on Friday?" He asked me, when we got to his room. I put my grey backpack down and jumped on his black couch. I shrugged and pulled out my phone.

"Well?" He asked me again.

"I don't know, a suit?" I unlocked my phone and started through my new messages from Talia.

"Yeah, what suit?" He said, raising his voice a little.

"A black one, obviously," I shook my head, "What other color do you have? Purple?"

Harry laughed at me, not getting the sarcasm in my voice. I shook my head again and rolled my eyes.

"Did you see how I asked her?" He asked me, while searching through his closet. A lump started to form in my throat and I could feel water gathering at the back of my eyes.

"Uh, yeah, it was really cute." I said. I wasn't lying at all.

"Yeah, I planned it out for weeks, it was perfect." I didn't reply. I just got up and left.

* * *

Friday rolled around and I found myself lying on my bed, alone. I checked the clock and it read 8'oclock.  Homecoming has only begun.  Usually school dances like those, ended around 11. I sighed and continue to stare at the bare ceiling.  Nobody asked me and I didn't feel like going because all my friends got asked.  I laughed to myself and curled into the side of my pillow.

My father came into my room and stood in the doorway.  He ate a spoonful of yogurt as he laughed at me.

"What?" I asked, slightly mad.

"Nothing. What are you doing?" He asked me.

I was silent for a little while before saying,

"Waiting. I'm waiting."

"For what?" He continued to eat his fruit and yogurt.

"For someone to love me." I whispered.

My father shook his head and laughed some more before leaving. I swear I heard him mutter,