11: Hello

Cody's P.O.V

"And I believe,
This may call for a proper introduction and well, don't you see,
I'm the narrator and this is just the prologue.

Swear to shake it up if you swear to listen oh we're still so young desperate for attention,

And I aim to be, your eyes, trophy boys, trophy wives!" I sung to the top of my lungs, moving my fingers to the rhythm of the guitar in the original song, feeling the imaginary beat within.

I love this song and more than that, I love this band. Panic! At the Disco is my all time favorite, beside Twenty Øne Piløts and My Chemical Romance.
Pop punk's not dead! Although half the world probably is, pop punk's still not dead!

Everyone clapped as I finished playing my air guitar and took a bow. I don't feel embarrassed to sing in front of these people, I don't even feel embarrassed to talk in front of them anymore. I've warmed up to them alot, I'm very very fond of them. I guess you could say they're my family.

"Thank you, thank you." I smiled as I continued to take fake bows.

"My go!" Reese yelped, hopping up, and pushing me on.

I chuckled and play hit her arm and took a seat right in front of her, beside Kai.

"You're actually a great singer!" Kai said, all happily.

"Liar."

I know I can't sing, I sound like a dying raccoon, but Kai is always finding a way to make me feel better about myself. She's hilarious even when she's being mean.

"Okay you did suck but the lyrics were good." she smiled

"Ah, there's the Kai'Reya I know."

"Woah!" she exclaimed

"What?"

"I almost forgot my real name was Kai'Reya. I'm so used to Kai now." she said, staring down at her hands like she had turned into a completely different person with powers or something.

"Shut up," I joked "Do you want me to call you Kai'Reya?"

She quickly shook her head no and began fiddling with her short black hair, "Eh." she murmured "Everyone here has a nickname so I'll keep mine."

True, true. Almost everyone has a nickname here, Charlotte's is Charlie, Bryan's is Ryan, Maximus' is Max, Park's is just 'Asian boy' and Isabella's is Bella.

"I'm gonna call Charlie up to sing this one with me!" Reese exclaimed, gesturing for Charlie
to get up there with her.

Charlie and Reese became best friends in a span of 4 days. Everyone saw it coming though, I mean their friendship was completely inevitable. They are both total badasses, with great leadership skills, amazing personalities and one hell of a past. If they were lesbian, then maybe they'd be a perfect couple.

"Hello, can you hear me?" Reese began to sing and as soon as the lyrics left her mouth, everyone bursted out in giggles because 1st of all, she was adorkable, and 2nd of all, this song was so well known before the apocalypse happened and all.. It's nice to hear it again.

"I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be
When we were younger and free
I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet

There's such a difference between us
And a million miles,"

She wasn't a great singer but she was okay, I don't even think she was trying to impress, just trying to have fun like the rest of us.
And then Charlie stepped forward and held her arms out like she was going to fly away,