16

M A R C I

I am busy preparing myself for the day. Settles everything that I will be needing for work when my phone rang. 'Bea De Leon' as the caller ID read.

"Bro." Bea called me all of a sudden. I have an idea why but I chose to shrug it off.

"Hi bro. How are you?"

"Hello bro. I'm great. I dont want to play riddles with you. I'll be going straight to the point. I don't have time for bullshits. Please do tell me nothing but the truth only. I'm going nuts." She said histerically.

"Mm. What is it Bea?" This is it.

"Are you free today? Can we meet? I want to talk this over personally." Aww. Can't be. I have works to do.

"If only I can, I would love to Bei but unfortunately, I ain't available. Can't we talk about this over the phone?" I suggested.

"Ugh. I want to meet you personally sana e, we have some serious matters to deal with. But since you're not available, talking this over the phone will do. I hope so." She heaved a deep sigh showing off her frustration. "Maddie said that you're the one who looked after me that night. Who am I with when you found me? Please, I need honest answers." Her voice is full of desperation. I don't know what to say. Is it time for her to really know the bare truth?

"You're with a who-knows-who girl." I lied. Sorry bro.

"Bro, I'm begging. Please. I know Jho took care of me that night. I'm sure of that. Yeah, I know I'm drunk, but I saw her. Seriously. I am not imagining things. For pete's sake bro! Please tell me where is Jho? What really happened?"

"You admitted that you're drunk. How sure you are that it is Jho? Pano kung kamukha lang pala? Pano kung dahil lang sa kalasingan mo kaya si Jho na yung nakikita mo? You're always like that Bea. You always sees Jho whenever you had a drink." I don't want to reveal something or everything, I'm not the one responsible for that. Jho must do it herself.

"Look bro, do you think I'm that stupid? Do you think that I will just waste my time on something I'm unsure of? I know Jho was really there that night. Sorry sya, but she left a relevant evidence."

"And what is it?" Jho, what the heck? I'm kind of nervous right now, I can sense that Bea will soon be facing you, again.

"Her perfume sticked on my shirt." She said with a serious tone. "I know Jho won't use any other perfume other than Jōvan. Sure, let's say that the woman looks like Jho and I was drunk so I've mistaken her. But don't tell me pati pabango parehas? Hanep namang co-incidence yan kung ganon." Ugh. I can't find my way out of this. Jhooooo.... It's your fault. Careless as ever.

"Oh. What now Marci? Why can't you speak? Seems like you have swallowed your own tongue?" I took a deep breath. Very deep one.

"You wanna know the truth? Let's go to her house. I'm not the one intended to do the story telling here. I'll text you the address."

"Thank you bro! Really." I bid my goodbye then cuts the line. Bakit kasi nasa cr ako nung panahon na yon? Ede hindi sana nabuko. Wala na, lalo na kong nawalan ng pag-asa sayo, Jho. Andyan na yung mahal mo e. Nung mga panahong akala nya wala ka na at magkalayo kayo, hindi kita nakuha. Ngayon pa kayang alam nyang buhay ka? Ngayon pa kayang pursigido syang makita ka? Wala na kong laban. Walang wala. Sabagay, simula pa lang naman sinampal na sakin yang katotohanan na yan. Wala namang bago. Mahal na mahal kita Jho. Pero wala, sa pangalawang pagkakataon, pakakawalan ulit kita. Hahayaan ko ulit kayong dalawa. Pero ipinapangako ko, hindi na dadating sa pangatlong pagkakataon yan, kasi sa pangatlong pagkakataon, gagawin ko lahat para lang ako naman.