Chapter 5

A strong gust of wind blows through the window, entering the small tree house. I sit up, my hands feeling the rough bark wood. Yawning, I try to remember what happened yesterday, my head peeps out of the window, examining the scenery. Then it all comes back to me, flowing, each and every single detail.

"Dallas," I mutter, my hands balling into a fist. "Men are so hard to decode." I walk towards the ladder, steadying myself as I climb down. When I finally reach the spicky grass,  I walk through the forest, looking for the road.

"Hopefully they didn't tow my car away," I pleaded to myself.

Then I see it, the flash of silver amongst the trees. My feet run towards it, carrying me. My hand touches the handle, pulling it, then I slide in, my hands clutching the steering wheel until my knuckles turn white. I maneuver the car, making it drive towards my house, when I finally got there, I park my car swiftly in the garage. Slamming the car door in the process, I stomp over to our front door, opening it then slamming it, the same way I did on the car door.

All eyes fell on me, my older sister's glaring ones, my mom's concern ones, my little sister's surious ones and my dad's blank and tired ones. They all looked so different, like they aren't from one family. But that's what my family is about, we don't really care on what we do.

"Where were you last night?" My mom finally asks, flashing a concerned gaze.

Where can I start, my best friend ever since I was three kissed me, then just fled off like that. Then I ended up stranded in an old treehouse, as the rain fell heavily from the sky. Then before all that happened my boyfriend caught me around snother guy's arms.

But I just sigh. "I went to Chloe's." I lie, smooth and slick, trying to make them loose suspicion over me. Mom sighs, stands up and plants a small kiss on my forehead, before she said goodbye and went off to work. The usual morning lineup.

I run up to my room, quickly taking a shower and changing into fresh clothes. After I finish, my eyes dart over to the beautiful gown MIranda made for me. It just sitting there on my chair just gives me a sad feeling, that I am not wearing it right now. My feet slip into small white flats, as I walk out of my room, dragging myself down the stairs, until Andrea's eyes met mine.

"Liar!" She screams. "Where were you last night?"

Raising an eyebrow, my hand placed gingerly on my hip.

"What do you mean?" This is a thing I'm used to doing, I am a liar a big one at that! I lie to practically everyone in school, home and even to myself.

She growls, still glaring at me. "I saw you storm out last night, you were in a hurry. Now answer me, where were you last night?" She demands.

My throat forms a lump, me unable to speak.

"It's none of your business!" I scream back. She smirks.

"I'll figure out all your secrets, you know that little sister."

My hands now fiddling with my leather bag, looking down on my feet. The sad thing about this, is that I really do know she'll find out. Her smirk grows bigger.

"Get out!" She points to the door, as she sauntered towards the kitchen. My feet drag me towards the door, then towards the bus. When I finally got there, the bus already left. Growling, I stomped over to my house, oepning my car. The cheapest we had in our garage. But it was enough to show I was rich.

Sliding in the white car, my hand draping out of the window, as I start the engine. It purred like a kitten, as I press on the gas, speeding away from my house. When I finally got to school, students were now staring and gawking. I was forced to wear a sun hat I found at the back of the car, and my shades, even though it wasen't sunny.