Chapter 3

You woke up and sleepily checked your phone. 7:28 AM. Thankfully, this dimension has the same minutes hours system as your home. To your surprise, there was light snoring audible beside you. You lifted your head up.

There was Dimentio, sleeping on a chair. You stared a bit, then snapped out of it. Why was Dimentio sleeping in your room? It was one of the cutest things, honestly.

"Dimentio," you whispered, "wake up."

"Huh? Oh, (Y/N). Did I...fall asleep in here? Many apologies! I was- I-" Dimentio usually had the perfect excuse for any situation, but not now.

"It's okay. I think I understand." you smiled.

Just then, a certain spider girl opened the door.

"Good morning, ne-Huh? What's this? Ooooh! Dimentio's hanging out with the new girl! Are you blushing? Oh my god! You're blushing! Mimimimi!" she exclaimed.

"...Mimi, please do not snoop in my business." Dimentio responded, not taking even a second to look back at her.

"I was just coming to welcome (Y/N)! Hmph! (Y/N) maybe you can come to my room later, so we don't have to deal with him. See ya!" Mimi shut the door.

"....So, anyway, about what we were talking about....you might want to read that note you picked up last night. I wasn't sure about giving it to you, but I am now." you said. "I'm going to go meet O' Chunks. I haven't talked to him yet. Maybe...talk to me again after you read the note?" You couldn't help but blush when you talked about it, because of what you wrote. At the very least, you were now more confident about it.

"Very well, I will read it." Dimentio said, smiling. "Ciao, (Y/N)." He left the room.

You figured O' Chunks' room was the only one in this hall you hadn't checked. You knocked on the door (much unlike how Mimi enters rooms).

"Oi, who is it? Better not be Mimi." you heard.

"(Y/N). The new person." you answered.

"'Aight, you can come in, lass. Anyone but Mimi..."

You opened the door. O' Chunks' room was pretty cool! You saw video game posters mixed with wrestling posters.

"So, I haven't met you. You're O' Chunks, right?" you asked.

"Yeppers! Dimentio was talkin' to me yesterday about you. I hear ye are from another dimension?"

"Yeah. I wasn't very happy in my old dimension. Everyone ignored me or was mean to me." you answered.

"Aye, I understand what ye mean. Before I met the Count, I was never noticed. Now all me friends notice me!" O' Chunks said.

Turns out, O' Chunks was way more into gaming than you expected. He actually played video games with Mr. L a lot.

You got done talking and left the room. There was something you had to do...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Dimentio was actually in his room for once, reading the note. He was still a little surprised that you knew he took it. You were sleeping. Even if you were awake, he had taken it so discreetly that you wouldn't have noticed.

A lot of words on the note were scribbled out, and the handwriting, he had to admit, was not very good. Not that it mattered- from what he had heard, more intelligent humans had worse handwriting anyway.

"I never expected to be writing this. I've had a crush on you for the longest time. When I thought you were fake- just a character created in a game, I was still in love with pretty much everything about you. It's just like...wow. I couldn't have imagined meeting you. I'm not sure myself if I have the confidence to give this to you- hell, I can't even manage to tell you in person- but if you're reading this, know that everything in it is true. Sorry it's so cheesy, but I had to get this off my chest."

As per usual with Dimentio, he analyzed the letter. This time, he was genuinely surprised. Humans...had always dumbfounded him, but especially you. That's exactly why he developed any feelings towards you. You were special. Not in the way Mr. L was. He didn't manipulate you, because you were perfect in the first place. The emotion- especially regarding the fact that nothing like this had happened to him before-  crashed over him.

And, of all people. All of the emotionally weak and strong beings.
Dimentio cried.

Perhaps he was overwhelmed. His capacity of emotions had been broken.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

As you played on your phone, you wondered if Dimentio actually read the note, and what he thought of it. God, it was cheesy and poorly written. You'd written it the night before and you had been really tired. To calm your mind a bit, you thought of memes.

It was...kind of funny that memes calmed you. They just did. No particular reason.

And in that moment, you had a brilliant idea.

You'd always liked those meme soundboards. In particular, the John Cena button was amazing....and made for a great prank.

Time to prank Mimi.

You walked over to her room door and found a hiding place. Turning your phone up to full volume, you pressed the button.

AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENAAAAAAAAAAAA!

"AAAAH! WHO DID THAT? DIMENTIO? MR. L? I'LL KILL YOU!" Mimi screamed after slamming open her door.

You hid. That was all you could do. You didn't expect Mimi to come out. What if she checks here....? She'll be pissed!

Well, that was sure a time to randomly learn teleportation.

You were half-hoping a miracle would happen- like a teleport back to your room. What did happen? Just that. Your vision shifted and you were in your room.

If I can freaking teleport....does that mean....

The prank was getting even better. You could steal Mimi's diary with this kind of power.

Concentrating, you got a clear vision of her room. There was a closet. Your destination would be there. You waited what felt like hours but was only a split second until you arrived in the closet.

It was dark, but you made out a book. You took it from its spot and returned to your room.

Now, let's read this...