000 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐈𝐄

INIQUITY.
PROLOGUE

SHE DESERVED TO DIE

     "I DIDN'T MEAN IT. I SWEAR, I DIDN'T. IT WAS NEVER MY INTENTION TO-" Her hands began to shake, her heart rate began to pick up, her breaths becoming uneven. The brunette shook her head, taking in deep breaths through her nose, exhaling from her mouth. She had to make herself forget. She needed to forget. But she couldn't. The memory consumed her every thought, always playing like a broken record when she was alone. She looked down on her lap where her green diary laid. She swallowed harshly, wiping the tears away with the end of her sleeve. She picked the pen back up, her mouth set in a straight line as she continued to write down in her diary, a numbness spreading through out her.

     Maybe it was my intention. Maybe I did mean it. Maybe I was tired of being her shadow, tired of being called and known as "Juliana's sister". Maybe it is better that she is dead and buried six feet under the ground. Maybe I don't regret what I did. I don't. I don't regret it. I deserve to live. She deserved to die.

     Elena stared down at her writing, anger running through her veins. In anger, she ripped the page out of her journal, and launched it on the other side of the room. Her room. It was her room. It was no longer their room. Juliana no longer existed in her world. And she okay with that. She was more than okay with that. She was ecstatic. Elena would no longer be compared to her older sister, she would no longer be shadowed by her. No one would come up to ask about Juliana's whereabouts, every boy would talk to her and not ask her for Juliana's phone number. It will no longer be about Juliana Ebony Gilbert. This time, it will be about her. It will all be about Elena Gilbert.

Juliana Gilbert deserved to die.

| authors note
Elena has jealousy problems and is a psycho.