009 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐄

INIQUITY
CHAPTER NINE

MASQUERADE

JULIANA AND KATHERINE ENTERED THE ROOM, the two of them being accompanied by Ms. Flowers, who trailed behind the two girls with various bags on her arms. According to Katherine, tonight was the masquerade ball and Katherine was dying to let Juliana out of the house to cause some chaos in the town of Mystic Falls.

     Juliana had done nothing but lay low for the past few days, staying inside the house while Katherine would report to her all of the things that Elena and the Salvatore brothers had done during the day, which hadn't interested Juliana one bit. She had rolled her eyes at the mention of Elena and Stefan's break up, and she scoffed when Katherine told her about Mason Lockwood being killed by the Salvatore brothers. Katherine watched her lack of reactions, slightly annoyed at Juliana for her laid back attitude. She watched her carefully when she mentioned that she had compelled Jenna to stab herself, but she only received a blank stare from the girl in front of her, causing Katherine to groan. The girl was completely soulless.

     "Where should I put these?" Ms. Flowers asked, lifting up all the bags that she held in her hand. Juliana plopped down on one of the chairs, crossing her legs, and watched Katherine instruct the lady to place the bags over by where she was seated.

     "Right there. Thank you, Miss Flowers. You've been such a wonderful help." Katherine commented once the old lady set the bags down. Juliana rolled her eyes as she listened to Katherine sweet-talked the old lady, scoffing slightly under her breath. The brunette grabbed one of the bags by her feet and pulled out the dress, lifting it up to examine it. It was a silver lace satin cocktail dress, and it was the first dress she had seen at the store and she didn't even think twice before grabbing it.

     "Oh, it's my pleasure, dear." Miss Flowers replied, beginning to walk away. "Let me know if there's anything else I can do."

     "We will." Juliana stated, breaking her gaze from the dress to look at Miss Flowers, giving the old lady a sickly sweet smile, causing the old lady to scurry away. Juliana chuckled, shaking her head in amusement. She still remembered the lady's face expression when she had turned up at her doorstep, the look of terror on her face made Juliana snort in amusement. It amused Juliana to see the horror etched on people's faces when they saw the girl who was supposed to be six feet under the ground, no thanks to Elena, walk around town like she hadn't died at all. It was a horror movie come to life. 

     "Stop scaring the poor lady." Katherine scolded, a hint of amusement in her voice as she walked towards her. Juliana shook her head and smirked, placing the dress back into the bag, before handing Katherine her own bag. She watched silently from the chair as Katherine took the dress out of the bag, admiring it. Juliana let out a small sigh, turning her head slightly when she saw another figure across the room, staring straight at Katherine. A few seconds went by before Katherine sped over towards the intruder and slammed her against the wall.

     "Whoa, Kat, chill." The girl stated, retaining her breath.

     "Do not sneak up on a vampire." Katherine stated, her hand up against the girl's chest before letting her go, turning around to look at Juliana with a glare. "Why didn't you say something?"

     "I'm not your guard dog, sweetheart." The brunette stated with a shrug of her shoulders. The vampire rolled her eyes, a scowl on her face before turning back to look at the other girl in the room. The two girls began to catch up with each other, greeting each other with hugs while Juliana watched the interaction in boredom. She stood up from her place and walked towards Katherine and the witch, whose name she didn't know and didn't bother to learn, the three of them preparing their selves for the plans they were going to unleash later that night.