Chapter 8

Niall's P.O.V.  

I looked down and opened the envelope. Then I read it.

CHALLENGE - RACE 

Avalon and Niall your challenge is to race Louis, Liam and Zayn. There will be obstacles to complete through out the race. This may include anything so be up for the challenge. You will be racing for extra cash, this is $200. I'm sure you will need this. You can use the money how you please. Have fun and good luck! - Ms Harret

This is great! We can use the money how we please. 

"So? What is it? What do we need to do?" Avie asks. I look at her with a smile on my face. "Something tells me it's good. Your smiling" She takes the card from my hands and reads it. She smirks and turns around to face the lads. "Looks like we have a challenge boys" She says to them with a daring tone. 

"Looks like we do" Louis steps forward close to Avie so he is looking down at her. She is really short, I just noticed.

"We're gonna win, you know this right?" She says. She hasn't moved, she is still up close to Louis and that jealousy twist and turns inside of me again.

"In your dreams babe" Lou says back. What he calls her makes my blood boil, but I let it go.

"Sure mate whatever you think" She says. She just keeps coming back. It's interesting how she handles Louis. Usually girls don't really go near him or talk to him because they can't handle him, but Avalon takes it like it's nothing she's never heard before. She takes it so easy. He smirks at her and she just smirks right back.

"Louis I think you've met your match" Liam says from behind holding their card with the same challenge on it. Zayn just laughs at the two.

"Hmmm we'll see about that?" He says then finally steps back from Avie. "First one to get the money wins?" Louis states. "Then we will really see if I've met my match"

"Fine, but I'm warning you. Your going to be disappointed with the turn out" Avie says stepping back standing next to me.

"Your forgetting something. Three against two" Louis says pointing at him, Liam and Zayn then at Avie and I.

"Which means it will only take you longer" Avie says. She has a point. "Prepare to be defeated Louis Tomlinson"

"Come at me Avalon Spencer"

"Fine, GO!" Avie yells then grabs my hand and runs towards where we put our stuff. I notice the lads go in the other direction and it hits me that the race has started. When we get to our things we quickly grab things we may need. I took my shirt off and left it, it's easier if we need to swim or something. When I look back up I notice that Av has thought the same. She only wears her floral blue bikini top and her denim shorts. She is one good looking girl. She turns to me.

"Quick let's go. Where do we need to start?" She quickly asks. I snap out of it and look down at the card.

"It says we need to look for an ice-cream van" I look back at her now.

"Alright quick come on" Av takes my hand again and we run off. I don't know where we're running to, to be honest I don't even think she knows where we're going.

"Av where are we going?" I ask while we run. When I ask she stops and I crash into her, but she doesn't move.

"I don't know" I knew she didn't know. I chuckle and look around.

"Why don't we go to the foot path? There's got to be something there" I suggest.

"Good idea" She takes off to the foot path and I'm quick to catch up. We get to the pat and we speed walk, always keeping an eye open for an ice-cream van. It's not long until we find it and run for it. When we get there Avie quickly speaks.