Unexpected twists

Night had fallen and the streets were isolated. With the thick snow sticking on everything, cars, buildings, trees and plants, Tokyo had turned into a white paradise. The atmoshere was quite, not a soul was out. With such a scenery, you would be tricked into believing that the world was peaceful.

Yasuko was walking towards her favourite coffe shop, Anteiku. She was wearing a thick black coat, boots and gloves to protect her from the cold weather. She had a binnie on her head, preventing the snow from sticking onto her black, shoulder-length hair. She sure stood out in the white world with all the black clothes on her. The only thing that wasn't black was her pale skin. She was quite short and skinny, with bonny hands and legs, and her face was so pale she looked like a ghost. But overall, all her features made her special and really beautiful.

After miles of walking, she was more than relieved when she finally reached Anteiku. But something made her frown. The lamp outside the entrance wasn't turned on. She glanced at her watch.

That's weird... she thought, it's only 11 o'clock, it should be still open.

Then the cringy sound of a door opening interrupted her thoughts and almost made her jump from her surprise. She heard people going down the stairs and paid a closer attention to the sound.

Three.

The figures of three people, the one taller than the other, appeared in front of her. They didn't seem to have noticed her. Yasuko narrowed her eyes, trying to figure out who they were.

"Touka, Yomo, Hinami?" She mumbled as soon as she could see clearly in front of her. All three of them turned and looked at her.

"Yasuko-chan!" Little Hinami screamed excitedly, ran towards Yasuko and threw her arms around her.

"Hey, how are you Hinami?" She asked her with a smile.

"Didn't you hear? We are moving!"

Yasuko looked over at Touka, looking surprised and confused.

"You are moving?" She asked quietly, sounding a little sad.

"Yeah, Anteiku is under repairs and we have to find a place to stay for a while," Touka replied.

Under repairs? But why? This place is like already amazing! Something is not quite right here...

She pushed away that thought and looked at Yomo.

"And you are going too?"

"Yoshimura thought that it would be a good idea to look after them until they are settled."

"Yeah, of course he never asked me!" Touka complained and they all started laughing.

"Well, I think it's time for us to go," Yomo told Touka and Hinami while somewhere behind Yasuko. She turned and saw a van waiting. She hadn't noticed it before.

"So I guess that's goodbye?" She said, trying to hold back her tears.

"I am really sorry I didn't tell you earlier, I was extremely busy." Touka hugged her, then took Hinami's hand and walked to the van.

"Don't worry, they will be fine," Yomo assured her with a smile and went into the van.

The engine started and Touka opened the window, took her hand out and waved with a grin on her face.

"I'll miss you!" She said loudly, trying to be heard.

"Me too!"

"I'll let you know when we can meet!"

"Sure, I'll be waiting!" Yasuko shouted and waved back, while watching the van leaving.

She let a long sigh come out of her mouth. She had known Touka for many years, and her moving to another place sure made her sad.

She said she had been studing to go to university. But why? She is a ghoul, right? Why would she want that? And maybe that's the real reason why she is moving, not because Anteiku is under repairs.

She turned her head and looked at the coffe shop. It felt so lonely and cold, with the lights turned off and no one of her dear friends around.

But if that was the real reason, why is Anteiku closed? What's going on here?

Then suddenly the lights inside flashed and she saw Yoshimura sitting on a chair and Irimi leaning against the door, holding a towel with Koma next to her. They were talking to the Manager, then sat down at the bar and had coffe.

Should I go in? Say hello? I don't think they would mind, since they haven't seen me for months.

She took a deep breath and walked towards the door. Luckily, Yomo hadn't locked it when they had left, so she just pushed it and went in.

The others looked at her with wide open eyes and surpised faces. Irimi and Koma stood up and walked towards her.

"Yasuko, what are you doing here?" Irimi asked with a smile. "Where have you been all these days?"

"I'm sorry if I interrupted something, but I was just passing by and decided to say hello," she said and looked at Yoshimura, who clearly was annoyed by her presence.

"Don't worry Yasuko, we are glad to have you here," he said while making coffe, "Will you stay for a cup?"

"Um, no thank you, I am in a hurry," she said and grinned. "By the way, are you under repairs? I just saw Touka, Hinami and Yomo outside and they told me so. Is that true?"

They all looked at each other at that, looking kind of sad. Yoshimura didn't say anything, just sat down and drank his coffe, while both Irimi and Koma were exchanging looks.

"The truth is that yes, Anteiku is under repairs," Koma finally said.

"And how long will it take for you to open again? I have some free time now and I'd love to come here more regurarly," she paused. "What's with the looks on your faces? Are you sad?"

"Um, no, we are fine, just a little tired" Irimi replied and faked a smile. "We don't really know when we will reopen."

"Oh, I see," Yasuko said disappointed. "Well, let me know when you do!" She waved goodbye and opened the door.

"Oh, Yasuko-chan, wait!" Koma's voice echoed in her ears, stopping her from stepping out. She turned and looked at him. "Can you tell your parents to come here?"

"Like, now?"

"If possible," Irimi joined the conversation.

"Ok, sure," she replied and shrugged, then left for good.

As Yasuko was walking back home, passing all the narrow streets while trying to see through the darkness, she was thinking about the strange things that had happened that night.

Why was everyone so moody tonight? They usually are happy and cheerful. What happened? And why do Irimi and Koma want to talk to my parents? Does it have to do with the black dogs and the apes? No, impossible. They may just want to chat, yeah, that's probably it.

She reached her small house about two hours later. She was living away from the city centre, somewhere isolated. Her parents found that a good idea, as no one would ever think someone could be living in a ruin. It actually looked like a ruin, a half-painted building, with cracks on the unfinished walls, no windows, no nothing. But despite all that, Yasuko liked her house.

She touched the door knob. Cold. As always. But before opening it, she stopped and returned to her previous thoughts.

But why would they want to chat that late at night? Couldn't they have waited till tomorrow? Could this be something urgent? Why do I feel that something is completely wrong?

A/N: I know this isn't a chapter about Juuzou, but hey,you got the chance to meet the protagonist of this story! I promise the next chapter will be about Juuzou and her! Please vote and comment!