Suspicion & The Auction Raid

11 of November, Day of the Auction

Juuzou had just arrived at the CCG headquarters, looking for Mutsuki. The Auction Raid would take place that night and he needed to make sure for one more time that Rank 3 Mutsuki knew the plan.

He wasn't surprised when he saw how busy everyone was. Investigators were running up and down, holding folders, papers falling down, a complete chaos. He didn't even bother help and just walked to his office.

His squad was waiting for him inside. They were all sitting down, looking at some papers. Juuzou sat, put his legs on the desk and his hands behind his head.

"Really busy day, isn't it?" He said and turned at Hanbee. "Where are my sweets Hanbee?" The tall investigator passed him a bag full of sweets of all kind. Juuzou opened it and put one in his mouth. "Why is everyone so worried about the auction?"

"The chaos outside is not about the auction," Nakarai murmured and kept reading the paper he had in front of him.

Juuzou looked surprised at the papers they were all holding. "Hanbee, can I have it?" Hanbee gave him the paper.

Juuzou kept silent while reading through what was written.

"It's the ghost child. It struck again," Mikage said, but Juuzou didn't seem to pay attention.

"There were many bodies found these past few days, all killed by the technic the ghost child uses." Hanbee went on.

"It stabs the back of its victim and then eats it, starting from the arms and legs."

"It's an SS rated ghoul, but it had disappeared and the CCG thought it was dead."

"But about a week ago, a body of a middle-aged man was found."

"The problem is that it happened a few miles away from where we were."

"And now the CCG wants us to-"

"Leave, all of you," Juuzou suddenly said, looking straight at them. They all looked surprised. "I want to stay alone for a little."

Without saying anything, they all  nodded, stood up and went out, closing the door. Juuzou was now alone in the room. He grabbed his sweets and started eating them, walking around the room. In his mind was only one thing: that night two years ago.

I had spared her life. I had let her get away. But the only reason why I had done that was because of her dead parents. And the look on her face. She looked, empty, full of sorrow. And I never thought she would make it out alive, her wounds were serious. But now she's alive... And it's all my fault.

He returned to the desk and grabbed the paper. There weren't a lot of things written on it, but it was clear that her first attack had been near the area he and his squad had been a week ago. And what troubled him the most was the person that they had encountered there.

Yasuko Ida... Her shoes were covered in blood. Could she be...

The door opened behind him, bringing him back to the real world. He didn't have to turn around and see who it was.

"Hanbee, I told you I wanted to stay alone." Why did his voice sound so... sad?

"I apologise Suzuya-senpai, but Mutsuki is here."

"Then tell him to come in, we don't have a lot of time." Juuzou heard footsteps behind him and then Hanbee stood next to him, looking at the paper he was holding.

"Suzuya-senpai, do you think that...?"

"I can't be sure, but everything points towards her." He trurned and looked at him. "After the auction, we'll have to keep an eye on her." He went and sat on a chair. "Bring Mutsuki in."