Chapter 27 Rise By Sin

Hakeem
I'm meeting up with Laura to discuss something very important. Her career...I have to break some bad news to her and I know she's going to me upset with me.

I know that she still has feelings for me but I'm done cheating on jasmine and I actually mean it.

There's a knock on the door and I know it's her. I go up and open it and she walks in as if she already knew something was wrong.

"So what'd you call me here for?" She asks me taking a seat on the couch. She's begun to act all divaish nowadays.

I close the door and go over to sit next to her. "I wanted to talk to you about your career" I say. She looks at me with a confused look "what about it?" She asks.

"Your career just isn't going to take off the way we wanted it too" I confess to her. She looks down obviously upset. "It's my fault I'm sorry alright it's not all on you" I reassure her.

She just shakes her head and scoffs "you don't believe in me anymore"

"Look we worked hard did a couple dope songs,You opened up for Tiana on tour we did a lot" I try to brighten up the mood.

"I just wish we would've given us a chance and we could've dominated the music industry together" she puts her head in her hands. "You know that wasn't going to happen Laura yes we did what we did but I have a family and I can't just give that all up now" I tell her.

She just nods and gets up to leave. I walk with her over to the door. "See you later" I say and she just nods and leaves.

It always seems as if I'm always doing something wrong.
--
Jasmine
I'm at my dress fitting for the ASA awards and it's been really tiring. I'm surprised to see Hakeem walk through the door though.

my stylists are making sure the dress is perfect on me for tomorrow night. "Hey I wasn't expecting you to show up" I say to Hakeem.

He smiles "yeah I just wanted to talk to you real quick" he tells me. "In private?" I ask "yeah that's probably best" he says.

"Um can you guys give us a moment?" I ask the stylists and they nod and walk out. "So what's up?" I ask Hakeem.

"I just finished talking to Laura and I sort of kind of cut her off" he tells me. I look at him a bit shocked "why? I thought everything was going good" I ask.

"Her music hasn't been selling all too well and it's sort of just a waste of time and she still has feelings for me and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable with me helping her"

I shake my head "I wouldn't feel uncomfortable I mean yeah I don't really like Laura all that much but your work is your business, we're still building trust back into our relationship and this is where it's most important"

He nods in agreement with me "well I'm happy you're cool with it either way it goes"

"Yeah I mean I don't want to get in the way of her career she'll have her time one day" I say.

I can't help but feel bad for Laura not getting to really be out there with her music but she still got some good opportunities.
--
Jasmine
I'm at empire now going to meet up with Jamal to go out for lunch. He's honestly the best brother in law we've gotten closer these days which is amazing.

As I walk towards the studio he's in I hear yelling and he suddenly bursts out Angry. The voice in there had sounded familiar Lucious.

"Jamal what's wrong?" I ask as I follow up after him.

"My father is evil that's what's wrong,I didn't think he could stoop so low" he tells me angrily. "What did he do?" I ask.

"So I'm in the studio with D major because he wants to produce me and Freda and at this point I should be working with more producers" he starts until cookie comes over.