Chapter 22 A Rose By Any Other Name

*sexual Content warning*
Jasmine
We're in the middle of a press conference for Hakeem being the new CEO. Also since Lyon dynasty is apart of empire cookie,Andre, and Jamal are also here standing by Hakeem's side as he answers the reporters questions.

"Let me just say before we start this meeting,I'm very excited to be the new chief executive officer of empire enterprises, thank y'all for coming this company was started off by my parents and we will keep it in my family blood line, starting with my mother cookie Lyon she will be leading with her creative direction as our new head of A&R for all of empire and our sub label lyon dynasty working beside her will be my wife Jasmine Lyon who will be the artist development rep for all of empire and Lyon dynasty,my brother Andre Lyon has been doing great being the CFO so we will be keeping him in that position, my brother Jamal Lyon is going to be beside me as vice chairman he's going to focus on his black and white album and his seven ASA Nominations" Hakeem explains to them.

"Do we have time for some questions?" Asks a reporter as Hakeem nods.

"Hakeem plan to take the company in a new direction?" One reporter asks.

"Well, I plan to continue keeping the company as the most dominant, relevant most innovative company on the face of the planet" he answers putting his feet on his desk and leaning in the chair. Andre and I just share a look because Hakeem is definitely being arrogant right now.

"Excuse me you never mentioned anything about Lucious Lyon?" The curly haired reporter says.

"Who's Lucious?" Hakeem says making cookie answer the question.

"Um Lucious is focusing on his music right now in addition to producing his half of Jamal's black and white album he's also prepping a video shoot for his number one hit boom boom boom boom" cookie answers.

"Hakeem will empire be interested in working with this video with everything that's happened between you and your father?" She asks again.

"Did you not hear what she just said? Boom boom boom boom has been nominated for an ASA now Lucious has been a big part of this company empire will always support Lucious Lyon thank y'all for coming" Hakeem dismisses them.

Jamal,Andre, and Hakeem do their own little handshakes as the two leave. I just glare at Hakeem as I stand right beside him.

"Now ma how many times I got to tell you?, you got to back off and let me do what I need to do" Hakeem says to an angry cookie.

"Boy you better do what we discussed,if you want to stay alive let alone stay as CEO" she scolds him as she slaps the back of his head causing me to laugh a little.

As she walks out he just looks at me with sympathy.

"Why does she always do that?!" He asks me rubbing the place she slapped him.

"Hmm I don't know maybe because you deserve it" I laugh as I walk out of the room.
--
Jasmine
It's time for Hakeem to perform for his first day of being the CEO of empire.  All of the board members and everyone who works at empire is here. I'm standing beside cookie Andre and Jamal watching Hakeem perform his song power of the empire.

He was doing really good as expected and then the song came to an end.

"Look y'all it's the dawn of a new empire here at empire and I'm so psyched to have all the employees from day one in the building make some noise" Hakeem hyped up the crowd.

I felt someone tap me on the arm and I turned and it was Andre offering me a glass of champagne.

"No thanks I'm good" I denied with a smile. Then Hakeem began to talk again.