Chapter 4

Danielle's POV

After what seemed like hours the bell finally rang so Christine and I walked towards the cafeteria to have lunch. While walking down the corridor Thomas was walking on the opposite side of the corridor towards us, everyone else in the room was melting like an ice cream in the sun for him, which made it more obvious that they like him.

"God, he's so hot!" Christine gasped while staring at him as well.

"You have a boyfriend Christine," I reminded her.

"I'm not in a relationship Danielle we just text each other everyday," she pointed out.

"Still counts."

"Admit it, he's hot," she told me.

"He is, but there is no need to make a big fuss about it. I mean there are other hot guys in our school," I agreed with her.

"Oh my Danielle he is coming towards us!" Christine squeaked in disbelief and started fidgeting. To my surprise while turning to see if what she said was true or if she was dreaming, I saw him waving at our direction. Without knowing what to do, I turned my back to him, but after a few seconds I heard his voice beneath my ear.

"Hi Mary. You still not over me?" He chuckled and whispered behind my ear which made me shiver. Why is he calling me Mary?

"Um... I don't know what you're talking about and who this Mary is," I pointed out in confusion as I turned towards him.

"Come on Mary don't act like you don't know me. Why did you come here? I thought you were coming at the end of October," Thomas said to me and again he addressed me as Mary.

"I really don't know what you're talking about," I told him shyly as everyone was staring at us.

"Why are you acting like this? Usually you used to come at me and hug me. What's wrong with you today?" he asked me.

"That's because you've got the wrong person and- " I started saying, but I was interrupted by Amber.

"Oh, hello Thomas what a coincidence seeing you here," Amber greeted him.

"Right such a coincidence! You've been following me all day!" Thomas stated. Telling her this Amber's face became red, even more red than her jacket. Go Thomas, humiliate her!

"I saw you here and I thought that it would be bad manners not to come and talk to you," she defended herself.

"Right. So what do you want now?" Thomas asked her impolitely and impatiently.

"Just wanted to see if you want to come to the cafeteria with me and my friends," Amber told him while pointing at her friends who were on the other side of the corridor.

"Yeah, I'm coming since Mary is acting strange today," he said while looking at me and then leaned near me and whispered in my ear, "And by the way I saw you rolling your eyes at me while I was describing myself. Still not over me, huh?!" He smirked and walked away.

Finally they left. It's not that I don't like him or something I mean he's hot and all, but the Mary thing was stupid and strange.

Who is she?

Do I have a twin sister, which I am not aware of?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas's POV

I don't get what is wrong with Mary, she was acting so weird today and she changed a lot from when I saw her last, which I reckon was last month. She dyed her hair in red, her eyes, which are brown used to be smaller but maybe I'm wrong or due to the change of colour they are seen different, probably she's wearing contact lenses as well.

Her thin lips weren't glossed, I think it is the first time that I saw them without it and her small nose was without the piercing which I don't know why and since when she removed it because she loved it and she always wore it.

If you're wondering who Mary is, she is my ex girlfriend and also my best friend.

It was about one year ago when we broke up from our relationship, which by the way only lasted about 5 weeks, but we continued to talk to each other and now we are best friends. I don't like her anymore in that way and neither do I love her for more than friends because we are just friends, close friends. But when I was talking to her today my heart was beating twice faster. I don't know what happened..

And about Amber I really don't like her, she is too full of herself, but it's better to hang out with her rather than end up alone.

Well, I hope that Mary explains everything to me and has good reasons why she is acting so mysteriously.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote

Comment any suggestions, criticism and everything

Follow me, I follow back

Add to reading list

Thank you for reading! ♥