Chapter 6

Danielle's POV

I can't believe what just happened!

Thomas the new guy and one of the hottest guys in the school bumped into me. Although I think it was the other way round, but anyways, somehow we bumped into each other.

"Hi," I said as an awkward silence fell between us as we were staring at each other which made feel slightly uncomfortable.

"Hey," he replied back.

"I'm sorry I bumped into you," he apologized.

"It's okay, don't worry about it." I waved it off.

Glancing at me, I saw him smirking at my direction. Furrowing my eyebrows and narrowing my eyes at him he explained, "You know this is the first time that we said sorry to each other, Mary."

Ugh, he is starting with this Mary again! "And by the way, usually when a person hits something or someone they say sorry not hi!" he told me while laughing breathlessly.

"You got the wrong person again you know!" I snapped at him.

"Stopping saying that Mary! And as your friend I think I should tell you that..." he trailed off, but then he stopped in between.

"That what?" I asked him curiously.

"Should I tell you or not as you're saying that you're not Mary and if you're really not Mary why should I tell you? I mean you will be just a stranger," he said, making me more curious.

"Tell me first and I'll tell you who I truly am," I told him with a friendly grin, attempting to persuade him to take.

"Hmm let me think about that," he said teasingly and placed his index finger on his chin acting as if he was thinking.

"Cut the crap Thomas and spill it out!" I ordered him and childishly I stuck my tongue out.

"You know it's a little bit unfair that you know my name, but I don't know yours," he said while looking at me.

"It's Danielle," I introduced myself, "Now can you tell me what you was supposed to tell me?" I begged him with curiosity.

"You're Danielle?" he gasped in disbelief.

"Yeah, I am," I mumbled suspiciously. What was going on with him? Was he always this weird?

"You're the one who is going on a date with Jake, aren't you?" he asked me while looking at me.

"How do you know about that?" I asked him instead of answering him.

"You know how gossip goes around here. Especially gossip about popular people," he explained in a duh tone.

"So you're one of them now?" I asked him and raised one eyebrow.

Shaking his head he told me, "Amber was saying something to me, which I didn't pay attention to and then she asked me if I was thinking about you. Answering her with a yes she got all furious and yelled your nickname, which by the way is really stupid," he commented. Hearing him saying, he agreed that he was thinking about me made me blush, but coming back to my sense I reminded myself that it was just for an excuse after all he learned what my name is a few seconds ago.

"I know that. Blame Amber she's the one who invented it," I defended myself.

"Anyway when she yelled your name Jake came towards us," he explained.

"And?" I questioned him.

"You shouldn't go out with him, Mary," he told me.

"You mean Danielle," I smirked at him.